Generators and Electric Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion Antique Generators and Old Electric Motors: Questions and answers about restoring and showing old power generation systems.

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion

Need help, Western Electric Gen

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2633 times

Old 12-29-2004, 07:55:56 PM
Registered

Default Need help, Western Electric Gen

I just dug this out of storage, this was on my grandparents farm years ago and when the place was sold I got it and stashed it in the shop, now I would like to find out what I can about it here is everything on the tag
Western Electric Generator No 87241 I.S. 600y
Frame D type A20 form E K.W.2 AMP 18.9 Speed 1800
Volts no load 110 full load 110 Pat. Nov 18 1902

Also with this I got the exciter it is a Dayton I do not know if this is the original one it looks newer Type D.C. Frame 3017 Style HV4
Volts 125 Amps 2.5 R.P.M. 1800 Serial Number 5021195.

I know this is an exciter because on it is stamped EXITER and it is really spelled like that don't think this is right but maybe that is how it is spelled.

when I got this out of the shed there was also two reostat like things so I grabbed them too None of this stuff was hooked up when I got it out so I have no idea how to hook it up now and I need to know how much horsepower I am going to have to belt up to it any help is appriciated

Thanx Joe M.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2005, 12:42:31 AM
Registered

Default Re: Need help, Western Electric Gen

After careful consideration I have decided I need more room in my shop so I am going to part with the Generator, Exciter, and control rheostats from the previous post. All of these things are in very good shape and quite large. There is no drive pulley on the generator but there is a smaller v belt pulley on the other end and the same size one on the exciter. I have no idea how to hook all of this stuff up and get it going. I don't really have any idea what the thing is worth but I do have an idea what I might like to get out of it, if you are interested please make me an offer, I will bolt it down to a skid and crate it for you if needed you are responsible for shipping arrangments tho. Joe M.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:23:07 AM
Registered

joe, how about some pictures? This might be perfect on my 12 hp. Witte Dieselectric.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:12:42 PM
Registered

I have to take some pics of it will post them soon