Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Farm Antiques and Collectibles
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Farm Antiques and Collectibles Old belt driven farm equipment: shellers, milkers, threshers and pumps.

Farm Antiques and Collectibles

Dragline excavators Ruston Bucyrus R22

this thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 7440 times

Old 04-05-2008, 09:09:40 PM
Registered

Question Dragline excavators Ruston Bucyrus R22

i know that maybe i should have started a new post but i didnt konow how.

any way my question is .. does any one of you guys have expirience with dragline excavators. i am about to buy one but i dont know how much fuel it uses per hour. the machine is ruston bucyrus R22 with Dorman 6yd engine. (that would be 6 cylinder i guess)

any one of you willing to contact me please do so at my email

nikomil1@yahoo.com

thanks alot ! Nikola
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2008, 12:54:05 PM

Thanked 20,663 Times in 5,983 Posts
Default Re: Dragline excavators Ruston Bucyrus R22

Bumping this as i just found and moved it.......
Old 04-23-2008, 07:31:09 PM
Registered

I believe Ruston Bucyrus was the European build version of the American Bucyrus Erie. My dad had a pair of 22B machines which I think are same size as the R22 you are looking at.

Can't comment on fuel consumption of the Dorman engine as both our machines had BIG Cat diesel engines. Working hard a tank of fuel would last a day - 10 to 12hrs.

They are excellent machines with heaps of digging power. I would check the clutch drums and bands for wear as when these parts are worn the machines gets hard to control. One bit of advice I have would be to grease the machine often. Too much grease is not a bad thing on this older equipment.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:37:01 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,396 Times in 340 Posts

Hi Nikola

Did you buy the RB22? If you are interested in fuel consumption, I presume you are not buying it for hobby, but for work? These machines still can earn their keep I guess, for some jobs (like the removal of overburden or dredging a pond or river) their efficiency can be better than a hydraulic excavator! Try to post some pics if you can.

BTW, Dorman Diesels were built in the UK.

Best regards
Marcel
Old 05-26-2009, 02:45:59 PM
Registered

Hello Marcel,

It has been some time since my first post. Well we didn't buy the RB at that time (the price didnt match and some other complications) but i was amazed how smooth it worked when i saw it on site in Holland; it was hell of a machine. Later we bought Nordest (some french license of the German Menck if i am right) The machine has Deutz engine and it all mechanical. It is built somewhere in the middle of 50'es but runs quiet well and it is very low on fuel. Unfortunately i have no pics of it... but believe me it is Ugly Yellow One and pretty rusty it is not common to repaint them here in Macedonia since we are poor people. At the moment i look for used drag bucket of about 1 cubic meter, but it seems it is harder to find the bucket than the whole machine.

We also purchased International Dresser 530 AII pay loader and my dad is very pleased by it... Now we look for very cheap dump trucks since our old MAN is not enough.

Best regards from Macedonia!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:07:17 PM
Subscriber

Hi Nikola

I only saw your reply today. Yes, dragline buckets are not easy to come by, we are looking for a 400l one, but the smaller they are the harder to find! I will keep my eyes open for you. Attached is a picture of our freshly restored Atelfond dragline. It has only 20 hrs on the clock from new but stood outside for over 10 years. It is belgian built, the only foreign component is the engine, a Deutz 3-cyl.

All the best
Marcel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S8302519a.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	55830  
Old 06-23-2009, 10:52:53 AM
Registered

Quote:
Attached is a picture of our freshly restored Atelfond dragline. It has only 20 hrs on the clock from new but stood outside for over 10 years.

WOW!!! It looks like brand new compared to the one we have. Last weekend i went on the site with my cousin and he brought the camera with him, once he sends me the pictures i will publish them here.

Bravo for the restore work Marcel
Old 07-01-2009, 02:57:37 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Peumans View Post

Attached is a picture of our freshly restored Atelfond dragline. It has only 20 hrs on the clock from new but stood outside for over 10 years.
Hey Marcel, I finally got the pictures from the machines, this is how they look... both NORDEST dragline and the INTERNATIONAL-DRESSER wheel loader
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	57718   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	57719   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	57720  
Old 07-03-2009, 05:14:36 PM
Subscriber

Thanks for the pictures, that looks like a neat machine! Where did you buy it, and did you ever find the dumptrucks?
Marcel
Old 10-22-2009, 03:50:41 AM
Registered

Hey Marcel,

Greetings from Macedonia, it has been some time since my last visit to the site, and now i have some video to share with u and the rest of the guys here. On it you can see our NORDEST loading the MERCEDES (also old) dump truck. The truck is rented since we didnt manage to find a cheap and reliable truck to buy. This kind of equipment is very expensive here and import of an old truck is impossible due to our insane law system . Any way here are the links to youtube where the machine can be seen working at site.

part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9UnDhmDyII

part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u-jdycl-eE

part3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIh-rxOkBYc

Just out of curiosity what is your oppinion guys are INTERNATIONAL, KENWORTH or FREIGHTLINER better than MAN, MERCEDES, TATRA or IVECO. How would you rank them from best to worst? (not brand new ones but trucks built in mid 80-es to late 90-es)