Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion Antique Generators and Old Electric Motors: Questions and answers about restoring and showing old power generation systems.

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion

Hercules DMT 26.5 KVA Generator.

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 868 times

Old 05-04-2018, 07:45:11 AM
Registered

Default Hercules DMT 26.5 KVA Generator.

Well this is my very first post on this form. I know I will be coming here a lot to meet people with common interest as well as to gather and share information.

My question is the evening is about an old Hercules lima 26.5 KW 3 phase generator with a Hercules G2300 motor. The mixer is an IMPCO CA100-272. I was told it was operating on natural gas but I need to have it set up for LPG/propane.

Is anyone familiar with this mixer, engine combo?
When I research online it appears that it can be used for either fuel. However, I can't find where or how you change jets or a setting to change from natural gas to propane. .

Anyway I'm code RED on getting this generator operating.

A quick history; I am a small furniture manufacturer in South Texas. The eye of hurricane Harvey went over my shop. My shop was OK, (with minimum damage from the hurricane), but when the city water tower collapsed and fell into my building, everything was destroyed. Especially my electrical infrastructure.

Because of the amount of damage, I have been on a generator for the last six months and it will probably be another three or four months before I can move into another building. (The electric service provider cannot replace the underground service and transformer until the building is restored and all new electrical is in place.)

I had a 60 KW, 3 phase diesel generator running 480 V to shop floor transformers until last week. That's when some bastard pulled up to my shop cut the locks and stole it! I'm sure it was in Mexico by first light. So I am dead in the water on my three phase. Sorry for the long post 😬
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2018, 08:19:42 AM
Sponsor

Default Re: Hercules DMT 26.5 KVA Generator.

LPG has more energy/um than NG so you will need to lean out the mixture a bit.
typically a threaded adjustment near the gaseous fuel inlet to the mixer

I suspect it will be quite thirsty anyway
besides theft, be sure to check for any business interruption coverage
a public adjuster can be helpful, insurers hate them. they can be well worth the cost

Unit of Measure
CAVEAT EMPTOR
YMMV
Old 05-04-2018, 01:08:30 PM
Registered

Default Re: Hercules DMT 26.5 KVA Generator.

Thank you very much. I'm about to go pick up two of these generators. They used to be back ups for a naval base down in Ingleside Texas. I may post some before and after pictures