Steam Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats Antique steam engines, their boilers, pumps, gauges, whistles and other related things that make them run.

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats

Hart Parr Steam tractor

this thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 2574 times

Old 04-07-2008, 10:36:06 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,902 Times in 772 Posts
Default Hart Parr Steam tractor

While driving back from the Pawnee steam school yesterday, Lawrence, Eric and I ended up finding probably the world's only Hart Parr steam tractor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0119.JPG
Views:	463
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	32058   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0123.JPG
Views:	550
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	32059   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0124.JPG
Views:	446
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	32060  
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2008, 10:56:05 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 8,200 Times in 2,111 Posts
Default Re: Hart Parr Steam tractor

Jim,
I sure hope you guys tried to buy that Hart Parr? That has to be a one of a kind?
Gary
Old 04-08-2008, 09:54:21 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,965 Times in 598 Posts

Gary,

Well...it wasn't that the thought hadn't entered our minds. But rather we had to assure the little old widow that we weren't there to try and buy something, but rather to take in some "eye-candy"! It wasn't till we reassured her of that that she allowed us to walk the property. Although we told her we woud be in and out in ten minuts....yeah right, try more like an hour and ten minutes. There was a lot of good eye candy there!

As for any of it being available, I would say no, the two boys of hers are semi into the hobby, if I understood it correctly, and they wouldn't be too incline to departing with much. Anyway, even if a fellow couldn't buy anything, it sure was a great way to spend some time. The HartParr gas tractor with the veritical boiler and horizontal stationary engine was a real site to behold. We probably spent most of our time looking this one piece over, which really was only a few minutes, as we were running really late and had a long drive ahead of us. Needless to say, we, Eric and I, didn't get home till right around 2:00 AM with myself having an early start at work. Got up at 5:00 yesterday. Man was I tired....but it was worth the lack of sleep to take in some "eye candy" on the way back from Booneville.

Jim,

I would have thanked you as others have, but at present, I don't seem to be able to thank anyone. I don't know if I used up my thank-you's or not. I haven't thanked anyone today yet, so don't know when the clock resets or if the option has been removed again. Either way, thanks for posting the photos. And thanks for an enjoyable weekend. I had a blast hanging around you, Eric, the Deck's and many many more.

Lawrence
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GaarScott For This Post:
Old 04-08-2008, 01:57:48 PM
Registered-III

Boy that was one of the neatest "Steam Tractors" I have ever seen!!! Sure was an enjoyable weekend. The fellas at the Pawnee Steam School did a fantastic job!
Could not have asked for better weather and traveling companions, Thanks Jim and Lawrence for inviting me!
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric W B For This Post:
Old 04-08-2008, 05:11:26 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 2,293 Times in 731 Posts

hey guys thats quite an interesting rig Did you happen to see the motor/tranny/ or rad around? we have some H-P parts here but missing the motor and stuff. may have a lead on a rad and other parts but don't think theres a motor there.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:41:26 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,965 Times in 598 Posts

Colin,

No I didn't. I suspect the reasons the fellow did what he did to this HartParr is because those items were missing or a good majority of them were missing. I believe the transmission was still there. Eric, Jim, do either of you recall for sure. I'm pretty sure that was the HartParr transmission that the horizontal engine was powering, but since I'm not as diverse on HartParr's, I shouldn't say for sure.

Lawrence
The Following User Says Thank You to GaarScott For This Post:
Old 04-09-2008, 06:43:50 AM
Subscriber

That is what it looked like to me. The engine was connected to the original transmission.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:51:35 AM
Registered-III

I agree. The transmission was there that is how I managed to identify the running gear.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:00:18 PM
Subscriber

I was flipping through my newly purchased IMA's, and found a related item. Here are a couple of pictures of a Farmall steam tractor
http://www.steamtraction.com/archive/4716/
Old 04-11-2008, 12:41:56 AM
Email Over Quota

Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote:
I was flipping through my newly purchased IMA's, and found a related item. Here are a couple of pictures of a Farmall steam tractor
http://www.steamtraction.com/archive/4716/
You have posted about the Farmall steam tractor. I remember most of guys in that show when I was in high school. I do remember i spoke the owner of Farmall steam tractor. He mention me it was over 5000 lbs loaded. He was expected not to break anything on Farmall. I may have a Farmall steam photo in my file. Hey! a Hart Parr Steam tractor is a one of kind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greysteam24hp For This Post: