Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Multi-Cylinder Stationary Engines and Power Units
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Multi-Cylinder Stationary Engines and Power Units Waukesha, Buda, Climax, LeRoi and others.

Multi-Cylinder Stationary Engines and Power Units

Case DE Power Unit Manifold

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 651 times

Old 05-30-2018, 03:47:57 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,371 Times in 1,583 Posts
Default Case DE Power Unit Manifold

Well we got the engine for my dad's sawmill leveled up and a new problem has come up.
The exhaust manifold was not all that good back when he fixed the engine in 1976 but it worked until the engine settled because of rotted timbers about 3 years ago. He has kept the engine started every couple weeks but yesterday we started noticing the engine was alot noisier and there was soot on the block. There is cracks in the "all fuel" or "low cost fuel" exhaust manifold.
I found 1 set of gas manifolds on Ebay and WOW, I had no idea it would be that expensive. 425!
Does anyone reproduce the manifolds?
Dad found the service manual for the engine this morning so I cliced a pic of the page with parts we need.
I am thinking the gas manifold should be easier to find than a good "all fuel" unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00984.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	311470  
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2018, 08:54:33 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Case DE Power Unit Manifold

Well thanks to looking on ebay again I found a used manifold set for a gas engine and we got it yesterday.I got gaskets and such from a Sailei implement I think is the name of the place up north.And it is now running and fixed.
I tried to take a couple pics and now this sorry--s card reader won't work.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:49:21 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Case DE Power Unit Manifold

I think we needed a manifold!
If you look at the gas tank you will notice alot of things.
When my dad bought this engine for a 100 bucks in 1975 it was stuck,and the back of the gas tank was rusted ,as to the point of being GONE!
So there was no internet or whatever,and if there was he would not have used it. He cut the tank off,turned it around and put a 5 gallon can inside for a gas tank. A second tank was mounted to a shed post with more fuel in it. The valving was his way of switching from 1 tank to the other.
Kinda looks ratty to folks that restore stuff but when this was all setup it was put together to use and not be purty.
I will be putting some paint on the hood before it goes back on. Next is to extend the shed over the engine.For whatever reason,he never did shed the engine He just kept it covered so stuff wouldn't get in the exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01004.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	312109   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01005.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	312110