Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion

"DELCO DON" e-mail problems.

this thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 2088 times

Old 02-02-2007, 01:49:47 AM
In Memory Of

Default "DELCO DON" e-mail problems.

I've been having e-mail problems ever since I tried to get some faster service from Earthlink and there software screwed up my computer so bad I had trouble getting it to work. I finally got a tech support woman who spoke such broken english that I had to ask her three times to repeat every thing she said, however she did get my computer back "well" enough to REMOVE all of the Earthlink software except thier name keeps appearing with the Earthlink e-mail address and I haven't yet found out how to get rid of that. I'm going to call tomorrow and try to get that removed from my computer, or where ever it's coming from.

If any of you have been trying to e-mail me you can respond here and I can at least know if some one has been trying to get a hold of me. I haven't recieved an e-mail for about five or six days and that's unusual for me.

"DELCO DON" Southern Illinois
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2007, 02:14:37 AM
Administrator

Thanked 14,389 Times in 2,514 Posts
Default Re: Off topic a bit, "DELCO DON" e-mail problems.

It appears that there are at least two email unfriendly ISPs. Earthlink has an insurmountable spam trap and Verizon throttles the amount of email that you can receive. There may be others and the list will grow as spammers spread their wares.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:20:01 PM
Administrator

Thanked 14,389 Times in 2,514 Posts

Don, It might be time for a new ISP. Here's what they sent back when I sent you an email:

Your message was rejected because the mail user listed above has exceeded their E-mail storage capacity. Please contact the user or try again later. Replies to this message will not be read. If you must contact an Egyptian Internet Services technician about this message, please call 888-774-1NET or go to the website http://www.egyptian.net/support/custfeedback.shtml.
Thank you,
Egyptian Internet Services
Old 02-03-2007, 05:05:04 PM
Registered

Hi Don;
I got the same thing as Harry did when I sent you some pix of the T & M governor. I will try again tonite.
Iron Wolf
Old 02-03-2007, 06:27:59 PM
In Memory Of

Daniel;

Hold off on trying to e-mail anything. I'm in the process of getting things fixed up. I'll post here when I get every thing squared away.

Thanks for the help.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:43:44 AM
In Memory Of

Hello all;

I think I have every thing squared away with my e-mail. Thanks for the suggestions and help. Send me e-mails again if you like.

My advise would be to stay clear of any thing with EARTHLINK connected to it. I spent about six hours trying to get every thing straightened out with those folks and all the "techy's" had trouble with the English language. Oh well, you live and learn!

Old 02-07-2007, 09:57:37 AM
Registered

Glad you got it fixed. I too found Earthlink weird to deal with
Old 02-08-2007, 04:30:21 PM
Registered

Default Re: "DELCO DON" e-mail problems.

Don,
Will your email address change when you are all through? I still have you in my list with the Egypt address. Haven't talked in a long time so we must do more of that.
Steve
Old 02-08-2007, 05:26:34 PM
In Memory Of

Default Re: "DELCO DON" e-mail problems.

Steve;

Yes, my e-mail address is still the same and I intend to keep it for some time. The Egyptian Phone Company is a co-op and they are very good at working with me on any problems I have, plus their Tech support folks all speak perfect english. At least I don't have to ask them three times to repeat what they just said and they all seem to know how to correct any problems with their service.

I would think you can click on my name on Harry's and pick send private message or e-mail and I should get it, or you can e-mail me direct using my old address. I got two "private messages" during the time I was having all the trouble.