Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Wisconsin Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Wisconsin Engines Single cylinder up to V4 engines.

Wisconsin Engines

Wisconsin 9.2hp AHH Engine

this thread has 61 replies and has been viewed 13617 times

Old 01-17-2006, 10:21:53 AM
Registered

Default Re: briggsB444m

I just found an engine the same as the one you have pictured....leastways looked dead on to what you have. it was stuck and missing a bunch of parts....al i got off of it right now was a mag, FM-j. after some amount of work, it shoots a good hot spark...yes, I found out the hard way. I think it would be neat to convert it into a hit n miss seeing as restoring it is not an option for me (not enough there and no value)

Mac Leod
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2006, 01:34:44 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,607 Times in 746 Posts

Dan,

Two cycle Power Products engines were used to power go carts, bin sweeps, drill fills, small water pumps etc. Some models were used in chain saws and vertical shaft models powered lawnmowers. There were probably other uses as well.

Bill
Old 01-17-2006, 10:46:05 PM
Registered

Thanks ,when i have time iam going to measure the bore and stroke. its the onley engine i left out side of my shed with acover over. its to heavy to steal. now that i found this site iam going to bring more toys home. just have to hide my bullets so other half dont get a hold of them. lol
Old 01-17-2006, 11:06:06 PM
Registered

Power Products engines became part of Tecumseh around 1955.
Tecumseh kept making the same engines for a long time with new nametags.
They may still have parts available, ask at an older service/dealer.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:36:33 PM
Registered

Default wisconsin

I went out after the rain stoped and took the head off. The bore is 3/58 x4 stroke. I got a friend that deals with the company freud small engine parts. but once we find out the hp maybe i can use some one else engine plate specs to order parts . mainley head gasket and carbarator rebuild kit. to let yous know the weather up here got real ugley. saugerties ny
Old 01-19-2006, 12:02:43 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,607 Times in 746 Posts

Dan,

According to my info the two Wisconsin engines made with 3 5/8" bore and 4" stroke were the model AH made 1935 to 1941 and model AHH made 1941 to 1957. Model AH was rated at 8 HP @ 2200 RPM and model AHH was rated at 9.2 HP @ same RPM. I don't have a manual for model AH so don't know how it looks in comparison with model AHH. Your engine resembles the model AHH shown in my manual for AFH-AGH-AHH engines.

Part number for head gasket for model AHH was QD-476-2. I think your engine has a Zenith carburetor but not sure which model as a couple are mentioned in my manual.

Bill
Old 01-28-2006, 07:45:15 PM
Registered

Post wisconsin

Hello again, it was my day off and i was not plowing snow. so i figure i go out and wake this old girl up. that crank makes me aware of my knuckels. well i poured a little gas down the carb and the second crank she started to puff.no muffler, my neighbors was really happy iam sure. It does have a ZENITH CARB on it.The govener is not hooked up to the carb. iam going to have to find the right rod for it. plus the copper pipe from carb to the side of the block was disconected. going to have to replace .51 days to spring. this is going to be a good summer prodject.it seems to have good compression. oh yeah if you notice iam no good on a computer. feels like i just got rid of my 8 track player. Thanks guys for all the help. I promise to behave myself while iam on here. as of now this is my favorite website. dan the knuckle buster [[[[[[[[[[[[[
Old 01-28-2006, 08:24:37 PM
Registered

I don't know why Wisconsin engines aren't more collectable, I have a few my self. I have an AEN with a revere reduction gear box which probably weighs 250 pounds I also have a BKN I think it's off a Snapping Turtle Mower all I need is an Air Cleaner for it. I also have a Model ACN on a Jay tamper with a special carb made by the Jay Company. All of these engines have great original paint.
Although I am more of a Briggs engine fan, I do have some Clinton's, Continentals, a Reo, and a Nelson Brothers engine.
Dan looks like you have some neat stuff.
~ Jonathan
Old 01-29-2006, 04:29:25 PM
Registered

Post zenith carb

Hello, i got to work on it again today sunday. I cleaned out gastank, fuel line shutoff valve,And made up pipe line to manifold. Removed carb and got ready for soaking. Well heres that four letter word RAIN . the number on the zenith carb is B17 . it would be a lot easy to find gasket kit. I hate to have to make my own out of gasket paper. or find another carb. WELL i know this stuff works good soaking over night. Can some one tell me how my pictures are coming out? and how there LOADING i really appreciate it. Dan.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:36:23 PM
Registered

Post wisconsin zenith carb

First time running computor weres low gear?
Old 01-29-2006, 04:40:20 PM
Registered

Post winconsin zenith carb

Old 01-29-2006, 04:43:15 PM
Registered

Photo winconsin

Old 01-29-2006, 04:49:09 PM
Registered

Post ill let it soak

if i get this in good running condition than i will clean her up and paint her.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:21:43 PM
Registered

Zenith carbs supported by Kohler.
Aftermarket overhaul kit is Hygrade 1306 excluding float.
Depending on how bad the carb looks, I would suggest making your own gaskets before getting the kit. Learning how to overhaul carburetors is part of the old engine game.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:01:54 AM
Registered

Smile wisconsin AHH

I think your correct,plus its not the first time i rebuild a carb by makeing my own. before someone used that formagaskit stuff in a tube. when i took the carbarator apart it was all laying around in bottom of bowl . another thing is by the time i wait for the kit i can be done with it. iam not going to rush it . it will be there when i get home from work. its not going nowhere. the one thing is i got to finish my other storage shed i started. than i got a place to work on it when that wet stuff falls from the sky. Thanks for the good advice B wegher DAN
Old 01-30-2006, 10:17:31 PM
Registered

Default wisconsin zenith carb

when got home from work i looked at carb to see how it was cleaning up. and that stuff is takeing its good old time. The old man down road that has own small engine shop, told me that the cleaner that i got in the picture is not a heavyduty cleaner. He told me to go to the dollar store and buy the heavyduty cleaner. well i know myself you got to listen most of the time to these old timers. REMEMBER WERE DID I GET MY EDUCATION ? out behind the BARN LOL DAN
Old 02-01-2006, 06:16:53 PM
Registered

Default cleaning carbarator

The can of cleaner i got in the picture is no good. today i used my wifes easyoff oven cleaner, and it works real fast. more or less i took her up a knotch. it took that rock hard varnish off real quick. there still small deposites left. now iam going to let it soak in simple green over night. i got the simple green later on. the easyoff i sprayed on in off 3 times. but it broke that real thick hard varnish up. I onley get to work on it after work. my big problem is the weather. bu i got to get organised with my engine shop. does anybody else have this problem, and every thing stops you from doing it. money and time DAN
Old 02-04-2006, 11:53:13 PM
Registered

Photo carbarator

Well its clean and all the holes are open. The choke shaft and the float valve seat wont move yet. I got them soaking in liguid wrench. I dont want nothing to snap or brake. i got to be patient with these dinosaurs. they have been laying out doors rusting away for years.Now it will take some time to bring them back. Dan
Old 02-05-2006, 12:01:31 AM
Registered

Photo wisconson zenith carb

next after thats all done, than i will cut my gaskets. put it together and i will have a nice looking and working carberator.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:13:09 AM
Registered

Angry zenith carbarator

Hello addicted motor heads, i got a big problem. i got my carbarator all done. and did a real nice job. But i forgot one thing. I need a high speed needle valve. it never had one, and i dont want to take it off some other brand carbarator. Does anybody want to give one up . i will pay for it. its something you can mail in a envelope. i got so busy i forgot all about it . Thats what happens when yous get my age. LOL please help Dan