Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Garden Tractors and Mowers
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Garden Tractors and Mowers Vintage lawn and garden tractors, mowers, snow blowers, snowmobiles and other old machinery that is driven by small air cooled engines.

Garden Tractors and Mowers

Roper YT160CR / Yard-works info.

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 3200 times

Old 07-03-2006, 10:58:15 AM
Registered

Default Roper YT160CR / Yard-works info.

Hi, I'm picking up a Roper Yard-Works riding lawn tractor or lawn mower?
(I do not know the proper term.) Model # YT160CR / Serial # 3225501265
I was not able to find the numbers on the 16 hp dual cyl. I/C Briggs & Stratton, any info. or sites you can lead me to would be great!
I do not know the year, or if I can find a manual, ect.
Thank-you
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2006, 02:42:53 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,256 Times in 1,656 Posts
Default Re: Roper YT160CR / Yard-works info.

A B&S 16hp twin will probably be a Model Number 40XXXX. The first digits of a Briggs model tell you the cubic inches. The following digits of the Model Number plus the Type Number specify if it is horizontal or vertical shaft along with the starter, bearings & carb options. The first 6 digits of the Code Number will tell you when it was made - Year, Month & day. These numbers will be stamped in the tin shroud (I believe...) on the right side cylinder when facing the carb side of the engine. Knowing when the engine was made will get you somewhere close on the age of the tractor.

I Can Probably Fix That