Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Wisconsin Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Wisconsin Engines Single cylinder up to V4 engines.

Wisconsin Engines

Wisconsin AEN Engine Manual

this thread has 22 replies and has been viewed 14789 times

Old 10-14-2007, 07:37:22 AM
Registered

Question Wisconsin AEN Engine Manual

Hello, I'm new here.

I like to rebuild antique engines, especially Wisconsin Engines.

You can see my full collection at http://www.jimmyinc.com

So here's my question:

I just bought a Wisconsin AEN engine at an auction yesterday (pretty good condition, complete but no compression) that did not have a manual.

Does anyone know of a place that I could get a manual for free?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2007, 01:52:56 PM
Registered

Thanked 2,387 Times in 783 Posts
Default Re: Wisconsin AEN Engine Manual

If you can send me your email adress through my profile here on smokstak. I will email you your manual for free...
Old 10-14-2007, 07:58:50 PM
Registered

Wisconsin engines are great engines for a starter collection. I also have an AEN, it has a reverse reduction gear box, a real nice original, I have had it running and it does run will. Wisconsin engines are nice smooth running engines and make great log splitter and general work engines. I have some NOS parts I am thinking about getting rid of, anything special you need? (I don’t have any carbs or tanks anymore) I have piston, a couple rods and some other miscellaneous stuff.
~ Jonathan
Old 10-14-2007, 08:08:02 PM
Registered

I must agree with you. Since I'm only 14, and my knowlegde and funds are limited, I stick with the Wisconsins (and the occasional Bolens) for messing around.

I have 5 Wisconsin Engines;

2 AKN
1 BKN
1 ACND (sold)
1 AB
1 AEN

and then a Bolens Husky 1556.

All of the pictures of them are on my website; http://www.jimmyinc.com/gallery

And I might need some parts for the AEN, but I don't know what yet since I've only had it for a day.

Thanks,
James
Old 10-15-2007, 12:20:46 PM
Registered

Jimmy,
I checked out your site last night at work, that is a nice collection. I wish I started collecting when I was your age, I didnt start untill I was about 18.
I have a few bolens tractors my self, that I am restoring currently. one is 1926 with a Briggs PB, the other is a 1921 with a Briggs P.
~ Jonathan
Old 10-15-2007, 09:12:55 PM
Registered

Well, I just got the AEN runing. It started on the very first pull in over 10 years.

Jonathan Widelo-

Nice tractors you got there. I can't wait to see the final result!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:16:56 PM
Registered

JKWidener - Would you happen to have a similar manual for an AEH? If so, and you are willing to send it, I would greatly appreciate it. A 1947 Buzz Master that I recently picked up uses this engine. So far, I have had to rebuild the Wico X magneto, clean the oil pump, and make a base gasket for it. It runs fine now, but a manual is always a good idea. If you would be so kind, my address is gschilling(at)esilab(dot)com. Thank you, Greg
Old 10-16-2007, 03:04:47 PM
Registered

You can find the manuals for most Wisconsin Engines at http://www.wisconsinmotors.com/partc...engineswm.html

After JKWidener sent me a copy I went to the website and saw the manuals.

I uploaded that .pdf to FedEx Kinkos to have printed and bound, and it only cost me $13.15.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:25:11 PM
Registered

Yupp, thats the same link where i got mine... I downloaded all the manuals to disk just incase they take the site down.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:56:12 PM
Registered

Here is a video of me starting the Wisconsin AEN Engine on the first pull, sorry that there is no sound, but I assure you that it is running.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:18:02 PM
Arthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Widelo View Post
Wisconsin engines are great engines for a starter collection. I also have an AEN, it has a reverse reduction gear box, a real nice original, I have had it running and it does run will. Wisconsin engines are nice smooth running engines and make great log splitter and general work engines. I have some NOS parts I am thinking about getting rid of, anything special you need? (I don’t have any carbs or tanks anymore) I have piston, a couple rods and some other miscellaneous stuff.
~ Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

Happened to see your post and being in need of Wisconsin info. , I'm hoping you might have a pdf for a AEN that is on a Little Red Devil generator.
I have used Wisconsin 1 , 2, and v4 cyl. engins but never really needed a manual until now. I am mainly interested in head bolt torque and tighting pattern. Also connecting rod torque and clearance. I would appreciate it very much if you had something that would help me get this one right. It is not so badly worn, just been setting up and exposed to the weather some.

You mentioned haveing a few nos parts, how about a connection rod ?
Thank you for any help that you have . Arthur edwards79@embarkmail.com The pic's are real good.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:38:17 PM
Arthur

Smile Re: Wisconsin AEN Engine Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk Greg View Post
JKWidener - Would you happen to have a similar manual for an AEH? If so, and you are willing to send it, I would greatly appreciate it. A 1947 Buzz Master that I recently picked up uses this engine. So far, I have had to rebuild the Wico X magneto, clean the oil pump, and make a base gasket for it. It runs fine now, but a manual is always a good idea. If you would be so kind, my address is gschilling(at)esilab(dot)com. Thank you, Greg

Skyhawk Greg, If I have the wrong name , please excuse . I'm trying to find help with a Wisconsin AEN engine. I need a manual ( pdf ) to help me get the head bolt patern and torque, also the torque for the rod bolts. Thank you in advance , Arthur. Ps the pic's are good.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:06:15 PM
Registered

email me through my profile and i will email you a manual. click on my name above this text and select send email. make sure you put your email adress into the email...
Old 01-25-2010, 08:44:09 PM
Registered

just go the website wisconsin motor llc and go to manulas and past engines and find your model number and you get the full manual to print off for FREE
Old 01-26-2010, 06:11:06 AM
Registered

Original Wisconsin manuals are readily available on ebay. I have picked up some for $1 plus shipping ($3 to $5).
Old 01-26-2010, 10:17:25 AM
Subscriber

The manual for the AEN & AENL at Wisconsin llc is the full manual, but most of them are only parts list. But hey, free is free. Also note that they use one manual for the TE/TF/THD & TJD. The TJD is radically different so make sure what they have matches your engine.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:42:01 AM
Registered

Question Re: Wisconsin AEN Engine Manual

Quote:
~ Jonathan
i am loking for parts for wisconsin 1957 ane engine need pionts and coil condensor any one know where i can get them or if you have some let me know wgladu@hotmail.com
Old 07-28-2011, 10:52:55 AM
Subscriber

Any decent NAPA or Carquest should be able to look these up & order for you, they are standard (not Wisconsin) parts. You might want to print that section of the manual from the link posted previously & take it with you.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:09:47 AM
Registered

Quote:
~ Jonathan
do you have set of vavles for brigge&stratton engione modle 251707 if so let me know email wgladu@hotmail.com
Old 02-13-2012, 11:17:01 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Hello, I'm new here.

I like to rebuild antique engines, especially Wisconsin Engines.

You can see my full collection at http://www.jimmyinc.com

So here's my question:

I just bought a Wisconsin AEN engine at an auction yesterday (pretty good condition, complete but no compression) that did not have a manual.

Does anyone know of a place that I could get a manual for free?
you probly have a exhuast valve stuck open pull head to see.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

i would like to know about the manuals as well.