Generators and Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion Antique Generators and Old Electric Motors: Questions and answers about restoring and showing old power generation systems.

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion

110 volt, 3ph. Belt Driven Generator

this thread has 31 replies and has been viewed 1784 times

Old 07-24-2018, 06:02:49 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: 110 volt, 3ph. Belt Driven Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railroads View Post
NOS, The data about cap connections was from both printed manuals on the subject matter. Nigel Smith's book and J.M Chapallaz's book which predates Nigel's work and forms the basis for the later simplified works of Nigel Smith.

J.M Chapallaz's book can be downloaded from SKAT Engineering Services. http://skat.ch/book/manual-on-induct...ors-volume-10/

Nigel Smith's Book. http://www.fastonline.org/CD3WD_40/J...0UK%201994.pdf

The only fully developed available on the web controller I can find thus far. http://www.microhydropower.net/mhp_g...humb_main.html

Robert
Intersting stuff.

I read part of the cap connection, its news to me, but that does not mean I know it all.
I only ever had one type of Capacitor for correction at work.
The one we were given and they were connected however manufactured.
With this new information I will question this the next time engineers give us a job like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Newoldstock For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2018, 05:21:13 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: 110 volt, 3ph. Belt Driven Generator

What a neat machine and also a great thread! Some really good information here guys!