Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles > Antique Washing Machines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Washing Machines Old collectible washing machines as used on the farm.

Antique Washing Machines

Blackstone washing machine

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2435 times

Old 04-25-2016, 09:35:38 AM
Registered-II

Default Blackstone washing machine

I found an old washer that is a Blackstone model G, it looks to be made in the 20s-30s. it has a beige/yellow porcelain tub. it is similar to an old montgomery ward from the 30s i have. i have read somewhere that blackstone was the inventor of the small home washing machine. anyone heard or have of one. the one i have has sat out for many years missing parts and really only good for a flower pot.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2016, 10:55:56 AM
Registered

Default Re: Blackstone washing machine

Blackstone made washers and dryers as late as the 1970's, possibly a later than that. They were located in Jamestown, NY, a small city in the southwestern part of New York State, 450 miles west of New York City, and 80 miles southwest of Buffalo. They also made heater cores and radiators for trucks and automobiles. I worked there in 1966-1967, as a toolmaker apprentice, after finishing my Navy enlistment.
Blackstone shut down the appliance division, but kept the radiator division for several more years, before selling their machinery to another company. Blackstone was the name of the man who founded the company.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Swanson For This Post:
Old 04-26-2016, 10:31:44 AM
Registered-II

Default Re: Blackstone washing machine

Bruce, thanks for the info I had never saw one before, i guess they didn't sell many in this area. most here are maytag, speed queen, easy, g. e./sears and mont. ward