Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Heavy Industrial Equipment > Vintage Construction Equipment
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Vintage Construction Equipment Graders, Shovels, Fork lifts, Dozers & Crawlers, Pay loaders & Fork lifts

Vintage Construction Equipment

Cat 2U D8

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 387 times

Old 08-13-2018, 08:43:52 PM
Registered

Default Cat 2U D8

I am looking to buy a 2u D8 with a cable blade, if anyone knows of one please PM me.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2018, 09:39:12 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Cat 2u D8

Sorry, I do not know of any 2U's. But your post made me curious. Why do you specifically want a 2U series with a cable blade? The hydraulic blades are much more useful and versatile, and I can't imagine the selling price being much different. Also the later series had oil clutches, another big improvement. I'm guessing there is some reason you are limiting your search in this way. Care to tell us why?

p.s. Years ago I bought a beat up late 3T D7. Hydraulic blade, oil clutch, and an angling blade at that. $200. I rebuilt the starting engine and for not a lot of money I had some serious pushing power. Every single thing in the old girl was loose and sloppy. Not by any means a finish grader but it moved a lot of dirt.