Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Shows and Swap Meets Announcements, reviews, photos, movies and discussion about antique engine and tractor shows and swaps.

Shows and Swap Meets

Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park-Mining & Energy Museum Fund/Show Grounds

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 897 times

Old 03-31-2018, 09:24:51 AM
Registered-I

Default Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park-Mining & Energy Museum Fund/Show Grounds

Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park-Mining & Energy Museum Fund

The Mining & Energy Museum Fund has been created for the following purposes:

The ability to acquire land.

Constructing a museum building and an open air area featuring mining, construction, agriculture, transportation, and oil & gas history.

Constructing a maintenance & restoration building.

Future maintenance, restoration, and expansion needs of the grounds and equipment.

Our plans are to partner with area high schools, vocational schools, colleges & universities for their mechanic, agriculture, energy operations, natural resource, machining, welding, heavy equipment, and marketing programs. We would also host events featuring mining, construction, agriculture, transportation, and oil & gas history.

The Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park is a 501 (C) (3) non-profit organization. Donations to the fund are tax deductible. They currently own over 20 pieces of equipment relating to the above mentioned industries, including a Marion 7200 Walking dragline.

Your donation will ensure the future learning and appreciation of the past contributions to our area and our world. Donations can be made by sending in the form on back. Online donations available.

Visit
www.faceboook.com/hcrhp or email miningandenergymuseum@hcrhp.org for information. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hcrhpLandFund A Front.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	307000   Click image for larger version

Name:	hcrhpLandFund B Back.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	307001  
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2018, 12:12:57 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 6,046 Times in 3,939 Posts
Default Re: Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park-Mining & Energy Museum Fund/show grou

Is there an old mine on this site, or is it a museum just getting started? location (on a map)?
Old 03-31-2018, 09:26:54 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,897 Times in 765 Posts
Default Re: Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park-Mining & Enhergy Museum Fund/Show Gro

Is this the place right next to the Stumptown Steam Threshers show grounds just out of New Athens ?

Old 04-01-2018, 01:17:09 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park-Mining & Energy Museum Fund/show grou

The organization has been leasing an old mine site location for storage and there some land available to acquire to move forward with there plans. One option is a old mine site. Acquiring land has been a long time goal. The current land owner is canceling leases.

People ask why so much land. The machinery, buildings, and events will use up most or all of the land. They are taking in consideration of other organizations mistakes. One place only got 18 acres and had to discontinue events because the events out grew the land. There was no additional land around them to acquire because the land around them was a state wildlife area.

---------- Post added at 01:04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59:31 PM ----------

Yes Glenn. That's the storage location. The land owner is canceling leases. That effects the storage location and to my understanding the Stumptown location also. That is another reason why they need to be able to acquire the land options they are looking at.

---------- Post added at 01:08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04:23 PM ----------

Andrew they are not disclosing the locations they are looking at. The reason is a few years ago they was land available not far from the storage area to acquire. It was talked about in the public. Well someone found out and snatched it up. I'm only going say it is in eastern Ohio.

---------- Post added at 01:17:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08:46 PM ----------

Glenn no more shows at the Stumptown location because of the lease canceling from what I have been told. That is the reason Stumptown Start up and Tune up show was moved to the fairgrounds.

Land ownership plans is to hold events like the digging show at the storage grounds the same time as Stumptown and a show like Stumptown as one show.

There is like a couple dozen or shows in the United States that is a digging show and your average steam show as one show.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:32:31 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park-Mining & Energy Museum Fund/Show Grou

http://wtov9.com/news/local/mining-a...arrison-county
Old 04-10-2018, 11:44:44 AM
Registered-I

Default Re: Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park-Mining & Energy Museum Fund/Show Grou

24th Annual Harrison Coal & Reclamation Historical Park Dinner-Auction

May 12, 2018

Sally Buffalo Park’s Wallace Lodge
100 College Way
Cadiz, Ohio

Doors open at 5pm. Dinner at 6:00pm. Followed by Speaker & Auction. Tickets include buffet style dinner, drinks, and more. Tickets $18.00

For reservation, information, or donate items for auction contact 740-391-4135 or 740-942-3895. E-mail info@hcrhp.org Mail reservations to HCRHP, 143 South Main Street, Cadiz, OH 43907. Make checks payable to HCRHP.
www.facebook.com/hcrhp

Speaker: Dr. Allen Dieterich-Ward, Author- Beyond Rust: Metropolitan Pittsburgh and the Fate of Industrial America

Speaker Bio:

Allen Dieterich-Ward is an Associate Professor of History at Shippensburg University. A native of the Ohio Valley, his work spans urban, environmental and political history. Dr. Dieterich-Ward is the author of Beyond Rust: Metropolitan Pittsburgh and the Fate of Industrial America, published in 2016 by the University of Pennsylvania Press. The winner of the Arline Custer Memorial Award for best book in Mid-Atlantic History, Beyond Rust chronicles the rise, fall, and rebirth of one of the world’s most significant industrial regions. Written in clear and engaging prose, the book goes beyond the oft-told narrative of the central city and emphasizes the important interconnections among the urban core, commuter suburbs, satellite cities, and rural mining areas

Additional information:

Graduate of Barnesville High School, Barnesville, Ohio

Education

Ph.D. University of Michigan, 2006

M.A. University of Michigan, 2002

B.A. College of Wooster, 2000

Awards

Teaching Innovation in Pedagogical Spotlight (TIPS) Award, Shippensburg University, 2013

Power of the Partnership Award, South Mountain Conservation Landscape Initiative, 2012

Shippensburg University Provost’s Award for Extraordinary Service in 2010/2011

Research Fellow, College of Arts and Sciences Faculty-Led Research Fund, Summer 2011

Urban History Association Prize for Best Scholarly Article Published in 2009

Research Fellow, University Research and Scholarship Program, Fall 2009

Phi Alpha Theta Doctoral Scholarship (national), Phi Alpha Theta History Honors Society, 2005-06

James R. Turner Prize in History, College of Wooster, 2000
Old 04-10-2018, 12:35:56 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 6,046 Times in 3,939 Posts

Marion, I was not looking for a specific location, I was wondering if it was a mine site. open pit, tunnel? Hope they get started. Rough and Tumble, in Kinzers PA, is a show that has digging, well drilling and steam, as well as gas engines. Good show to attend! their steam show is one to watch. tractor games indeed!