Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets > Coolspring Pennsylvania
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Coolspring Pennsylvania The Coolspring Power Museum contains the largest collection of historically significant, early stationary gas engines in the country, if the not the world. Visit Coolspring, Pennsylvania for the Summer and Fall Expo and Swap Meet!

Coolspring Pennsylvania

Coolspring Spring Show 2016

this thread has 24 replies and has been viewed 3593 times

Old 06-21-2016, 08:26:30 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Coolspring Spring Show 2016

Had to miss it this time, as I am still stuck in Florida with an ailing spouse. I always tell anyone who asks me about Coolspring. Do you remember as a kid going to a candy store? If you collect old engine stuff Coolspring is your "candy store".
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2016, 11:14:08 AM
Sponsor

Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,474 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Coolspring Spring Show 2016

I ended up just down the road from the set up tent. Had 4" of water in front of my display Thursday afternoon but it was gone by 7 PM, and Friday and Saturday were beautiful! had lots of interest in my charter-Mietz, and the LM 46-B plug display. The plug display really popped at night when I pushed the coil button! feel sorry for the guy that had the model T next to me - he parked it right next to the C-M exhaust! bet it didn't smell too good after a few minutes!

I had a great time at the show, got to meet a lot of friends and even managed to get around the field even with the stroke problems. Took a while, but I made it! Saw a lot of neat engines and displays. There was even a Ingersol-Rand 3R-36 there (not running)! The weather except for about an hour Thursday, was great.

One big disappointment - by Friday night about 1/4 of the people had left, and by 12 PM Saturday, there were only about 8 of us left on the field! I know that people have a long drive ahead, but - you would think that Saturday would be the biggest day for local draw, as people would not be at work like on a weekday. Hope everyone had a good time, and lets see some videos of the displays! Thanks to all who stopped by, and to those who offered rides when they saw me gimping along. I really appreciate it.
Andrew
Old 07-04-2016, 09:23:49 AM
Registered-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mackey View Post

One big disappointment - by Friday night about 1/4 of the people had left, and by 12 PM Saturday, there were only about 8 of us left on the field! I know that people have a long drive ahead, but - you would think that Saturday would be the biggest day for local draw, as people would not be at work like on a weekday. Hope everyone had a good time, and lets see some videos of the displays! Thanks to all who stopped by, and to those who offered rides when they saw me gimping along. I really appreciate it.
Andrew
A great show as always, I saw different engines and met great people. I agree, it is to bad it starts to close down on Friday evening. Saturday is when I saw young couples and families there. There wasn't much left for them to see. I don't know the cause or the fix. My guess s that it is such a special show that dedicated engine people come from far away and need to get back? I guess most shows have a local draw. Perhaps they could reserve a choice area for those who would commit to staying till say 3 or 4 pm on Saturday? If nothing else, it would concentrate what show is left and make it nicer for the visitors.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:46:07 PM
Subscriber

I would like to have stayed but I still work and I had a two day drive to get home.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:25:23 PM
Registered-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Best View Post
I would like to have stayed but I still work and I had a two day drive to get home.
That fits my theory that it is a very good show that attracts people from far away. I'm glad you were there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank DeWitt For This Post: