Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets > Coolspring Pennsylvania
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Coolspring Pennsylvania The Coolspring Power Museum contains the largest collection of historically significant, early stationary gas engines in the country, if the not the world. Visit Coolspring, Pennsylvania for the Summer and Fall Expo and Swap Meet!

Coolspring Pennsylvania

Museum Tours

this thread has 13 replies and has been viewed 3264 times

Old 05-18-2013, 10:56:58 PM
Registered-III

Default Museum Tours

Hi Guys,

Quick question does the museum offer tours outside of when the show runs? We are planning a trip to the area but due to a scheduling and other commitments the time frame of our planned trip falls the week after the summer expo and swap, we would like to see the museum if possible.

Regards,
Jordan
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordan For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2013, 01:05:17 PM
Hoarder

Thanked 2,813 Times in 906 Posts
Default Re: Museum Tours

July 20-21, August 17-18, September 21-22 and during the fall swap October 17-19.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Monnier For This Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 01:08:12 PM
Registered-III

Thanks Mike,

So it looks like we will be out of luck and will have to come back when the shows on or during an open day.

Regards,
Jordan
Old 05-19-2013, 09:02:58 PM
Hoarder

Thanked 2,813 Times in 906 Posts

Not necessarily. There's a possibility of getting a private tour if someone is available from the museum. Hopefully the Rodfather sees this and can help you arrange one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Monnier For This Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 09:14:45 PM
Registered-III

Thanks again Mike
Old 05-21-2013, 11:27:53 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,017 Times in 3,381 Posts
Question Re: Museum Tours

I'm guessing Mike must have figured out what Museum was being asked about, but for those of us (or maybe just me) that are left hanging without a clue.....

Maybe I missed something, but What Museum at What Location is open on those dates.

There are thousands upon thousands of Museums around the World to choose from, and being posted in the "Shows and Swap Meets" forum with the thread title "Museum Tours" is pretty vague.

The Stephenson County Antique Engine Club has its Silver Creek Museum at 2754 S. Walnut Rd. Freeport, Illinois with open dates of May 26 & 27, June 15 & 16, July 4th, August 2, 3 & 4, September 1 & 2, and October 5, 6, 19 & 20 along with the huge Cooper Corliss Steam Engine running on those dates and the Silver Creek & Stephenson Rail Road running on those dates with its Heisler logging locomotive. The August dates are also the 44th Annual Threshing show up the road from the Museum at the Stephenson County Fairgrounds. More information and pictures available at the clubs website www.thefreeportshow.com

Maybe I'm the only one in the country that got confused, but with the title "Museum Tours" and No mention anywhere in the thread as to which Museum is being talked about, left me wondering. If the question and answer were pertaining to a specific Museum, hopefully someone can edit the title to show that, or at least mention it In The Thread, just in case I'm not the only one that left wondering.
The Following User Says Thank You to OTTO-Sawyer For This Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 11:53:40 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,395 Times in 1,158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTO-Sawyer View Post
I'm guessing Mike must have figured out what Museum was being asked about, but for those of us (or maybe just me) that are left hanging without a clue.....

Maybe I missed something, but What Museum at What Location is open on those dates.

There are thousands upon thousands of Museums around the World to choose from, and being posted in the "Shows and Swap Meets" forum with the thread title "Museum Tours" is pretty vague.

The Stephenson County Antique Engine Club has its Silver Creek Museum at 2754 S. Walnut Rd. Freeport, Illinois with open dates of May 26 & 27, June 15 & 16, July 4th, August 2, 3 & 4, September 1 & 2, and October 5, 6, 19 & 20 along with the huge Cooper Corliss Steam Engine running on those dates and the Silver Creek & Stephenson Rail Road running on those dates with its Heisler logging locomotive. The August dates are also the 44th Annual Threshing show up the road from the Museum at the Stephenson County Fairgrounds. More information and pictures available at the clubs website www.thefreeportshow.com

Maybe I'm the only one in the country that got confused, but with the title "Museum Tours" and No mention anywhere in the thread as to which Museum is being talked about, left me wondering. If the question and answer were pertaining to a specific Museum, hopefully someone can edit the title to show that, or at least mention it In The Thread, just in case I'm not the only one that left wondering.

scroll to top of thread. there it says coolspring.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Hi Guys,

Quick question does the museum offer tours outside of when the show runs? We are planning a trip to the area but due to a scheduling and other commitments the time frame of our planned trip falls the week after the summer expo and swap, we would like to see the museum if possible.

Regards,
Jordan

what date on the following week of the show will you be in coolspring. I might be able to get you a tour if I know the day. dr. Harvey lives in coolspring, but he has office hours 2 or 3 days a week out of town

rod

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

www.coolspringpowermuseum.org
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rod Fielder For This Post:
Old 05-22-2013, 11:51:55 AM
Subscriber

Red face Re: Museum Tours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Fielder View Post
scroll to top of thread. there it says coolspring.

www.coolspringpowermuseum.org
Guess I missed that, since it was posted on the "Shows and Swaps" main forum and when I clicked on the "Museum Tours" title I just started reading the thread itself and not the 'extra' boxes of information above the Thread Title.

Didn't realize it was posted in a 'Sub-Forum' since it showed up on the main page. If it had been bumped down the list by something else, I would have had to actually click on the Coolspring Sub Forum to access it, and then I would have realized what it was about. As it is.... I didn't see that.

THANKS for the Link. And as I said, Maybe I'm the only in the entire Country that missed that, or there may have been others. If there were, I hope my asking cleared it up for them too.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:56:42 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,392 Times in 1,544 Posts

IF, IF, IF, IF, a frog had wings!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:18:41 PM
Subscriber

Wink Re: Museum Tours

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBurk View Post
IF, IF, IF, IF, a frog had wings!
Someone would put Buffalo Seasoning on them and open another Restaurant.

Buffalo Frog Wings !

I admitted my Blunder..... I just don't know that I was the only one that missed it.

Last edited by OTTO-Sawyer; 05-22-2013 at 03:47:00 PM. Reason: missed the 's' in Sea's'oning
Old 05-22-2013, 05:57:44 PM
Registered-III

Hi Rod,

The dates we plan on being in the area are June 24th - June 28th. Which is about 2 weeks after the summer show not the 1 i had originally thought.

Regards,
Jordan
Old 05-22-2013, 06:12:59 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,395 Times in 1,158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Hi Rod,

The dates we plan on being in the area are June 24th - June 28th. Which is about 2 weeks after the summer show not the 1 i had originally thought.

Regards,
Jordan
I will check with Paul Harvey to see what his schedule is on that weekend. some of the museum volunteers are going to wirt co wv. to remove a complete well site and take it to coolspring. I am not sure if it falls within this date. i will get with you as soon as I find out

thanks
rod
The Following User Says Thank You to Rod Fielder For This Post:
Old 05-22-2013, 06:33:25 PM
Registered-III

Thanks Rod.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14:01 PM
Registered-III

Just checking to see if you've hard anything Rod?

Regards,
Jordan