Steam Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats Antique steam engines, their boilers, pumps, gauges, whistles and other related things that make them run.

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats

Happy Ultrasound

this thread has 14 replies and has been viewed 1630 times

Old 06-12-2018, 01:03:43 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,668 Times in 798 Posts
Default Happy Ultrasound

The last thing I UT'd had less exciting news for the owner, so this is completely different.

For those who are FB friends with my wife, now old news, but with another ultrasound looking good, and the calendar now ticking along at under two months away, probably time to post here:

We're expecting TWINS in July! Both boys. Getting closer now, maybe some too. I'm not certain which end to put the water or which end to put the coal, and I hear that ash pan can get rather nasty.

Without too many pointless details, our wait for an adoption match just wasn't moving along. So, we retraced some other options, and condensing over a year into a few words: technology caught up with us instead.

Mrs. Greasy is nearly more tummy than torso now, so hasn't been on the platform all year, yet keeps telling people that unless something goes awry and has her on bed rest, she'll be operating at some fall shows.

On the other hand, after Mrs. Greasy commandeered the Keck Gonnerman, I fell for a Minneapolis; now everybody is telling us that the boys will commandeer both!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2018, 01:27:08 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 27,528 Times in 6,923 Posts
Default Re: Happy Ultrasound

Greasy,
Congratulations. You better order in the striped overalls now!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G Willikers For This Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 03:24:52 PM
Subscriber

Congratulations! Now you will have the next generation to keep the hobby going!
The Following User Says Thank You to Farquharman For This Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 04:05:47 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 6,178 Times in 3,995 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Happy Ultrasound

Congrats to you and your wife! Luckily, you have some time to absorb the news and prepare. My wife and I did not. She only gained 16 pounds, and the reason for our ultrasound was the fact that the doctor thought she had a kidney stone! After the test, the tech asked "How would you like to have twins?" We said "We wouldn't". Her reply "I guess you should talk to your OB." This was 2 weeks before my twin boys arrived - 2 months early. Thankfully, due to the efforts of many doctors, they have survived and thrived. I wish you the best, and enjoy your experience!
Andrew
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Mackey For This Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 07:26:48 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,668 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Willikers View Post
Greasy,
Congratulations. You better order in the striped overalls now!
Thanks!

That is on the to-do list after we figure out which sizes we'd already acquired. I thought that steam engines required accessories, but clothes, and car seats, and cribs, and, and , and

---------- Post added at 06:22:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mackey View Post
Congrats to you and your wife! Luckily, you have some time to absorb the news and prepare. My wife and I did not. She only gained 16 pounds, and the reason for our ultrasound was the fact that the doctor thought she had a kidney stone! After the test, the tech asked "How would you like to have twins?" We said "We wouldn't". Her reply "I guess you should talk to your OB." This was 2 weeks before my twin boys arrived - 2 months early. Thankfully, due to the efforts of many doctors, they have survived and thrived. I wish you the best, and enjoy your experience!
Andrew
Thanks! We've have over 6 months to get ready, and it seems like that just flew by. Not long now and it will be "ready or not....here we come!" Fortunately, just a few weeks and these guys will be past worry of premature; the doctors are impressive with that, but I sure don't envy finding out first hand.

---------- Post added at 06:26:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farquharman View Post
Congratulations! Now you will have the next generation to keep the hobby going!
Thanks! Time will tell whether they see the beauty in old iron, or wonder why their silly old parents play with such junk. I guess even if they commandeer both engines that's better than the latter.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreasyIron For This Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 09:22:29 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 5,733 Times in 2,258 Posts
Smile Re: Happy Ultrasound

Oh oh... Two more gearheads coming into the Greasy fam. Hide yer tools.
Start scrounging local yard sales and assemble tool sets for both of them so your stuff can stay locked up with a 1/2" cable and a loud alarm.
The Following User Says Thank You to I like oldstuff For This Post:
Old 06-13-2018, 04:08:19 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 6,178 Times in 3,995 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Happy Ultrasound

My twins attended their first show (R&T) when they were just 3 months old. they still love old iron, as do my 2 other sons! Now their kids are getting into it - 4th generation!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Mackey For This Post:
Old 06-13-2018, 05:57:12 PM
Subscriber

Two curtain climbers... Oh dear Lord ... As if one house ape ain't enough.. twin cylinder's firing off at the same time. your in for one hell of a ride
it's like going down hill with no brakes..

All kidding aside... Congratulations..
Dont worry...Mrs greasy will be back in shape in no time...
Chasing rugrats around is great exercise...
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Bird For This Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 09:34:28 AM
Registered-II

just don't blow the whistle while they are napping or you will be in trouble. congratulations again cant wait to meet them.
The Following User Says Thank You to hbborntrager For This Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 11:01:02 AM
Registered-I

Congratulations!

As a former owner of your current Keck I do not have a lot of advice for you on the engine. As a current dad of two sets of twins, two girls aged 3 and a boy and a girl who are three months, you are in for a very exhausting but exhilarating journey.

My very best wishes to you!

Gary Jones
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Jones For This Post: