Steam Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats Antique steam engines, their boilers, pumps, gauges, whistles and other related things that make them run.

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats

Happy Ultrasound

this thread has 14 replies and has been viewed 1575 times

Old 06-16-2018, 10:15:54 AM
Registered-II

Default Re: Happy Ultrasound

What glorious news! You and your blessing truly have made my day. Best of luck to you and Mrs. Greasy, and hopes for an easy and uneventful delivery and of course two wonderfully healthy and greasy little rascals!

But be forewarned, we expect pictures when the time is right!
The Following User Says Thank You to s100 For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2018, 11:01:30 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,652 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Jones View Post
Congratulations!

As a former owner of your current Keck I do not have a lot of advice for you on the engine. As a current dad of two sets of twins, two girls aged 3 and a boy and a girl who are three months, you are in for a very exhausting but exhilarating journey.

Gary Jones
Ol' KG 1728, is so easy to keep content, we definitely need the advice on the twins much worse

Seeing all the twins mentioned in this thread, are we all putting something strange in the boiler water?

Quote:
But be forewarned, we expect pictures when the time is right!
We're sure planning to take plenty. We'll see just how that plays out; we too often bring the camera to shows and then neglect it once the hands get dirty - this could be worse!

Quote:
As if one house ape ain't enough.. twin cylinder's firing off at the same time. your in for one hell of a ride it's like going down hill with no brakes..
My bouncing off the walls must have given my parents endless gray hair; if there's some kind of karma in this adventure, it will be a ride indeed! I'd take the governor belt off for safety, but haven't figured out where that is - I'm still not so sure about those dirty ash pans either....

Quote:
Hide yer tools.
Oh oh, speaking of Karma!

Quote:
just don't blow the whistle while they are napping or you will be in trouble. congratulations again cant wait to meet them.
I thought a steam whistle was supposed to lull them to sleep.... so much to learn! I'm sure we'll catch you somewhere this fall. We already have car seat bases strapped in; if we put a travel bag in the trunk instead, I'm going to have less room for lubricants, and tools. Oh boy, what have we done?!
Old 06-16-2018, 05:38:32 PM
Registered-I

I remember the ultrasound woman pointing at the screen telling us "there's one.... there's the second..just looking for a third....."
We looked at each other and said, "there's only one isn't there??"
"No definitely two, I'm just looking for a third"
Thank the stars it was just the TWO girls, and that was 10 years ago.
They are little history and rusty metal fans now, and cant wait for my LANZ self moving portable to be finished!
Congratulations on the start of your journey!
The Following User Says Thank You to woodyarmourer For This Post:
Old 06-17-2018, 09:37:08 PM
Subscriber

Happy Father's day greasy
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Bird For This Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 10:28:03 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,652 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Happy Father's day greasy
Thanks! I hope it was a great day for all those experienced at it, and those with months left on the oven timer too. This counting weeks instead of months is rather awakening - especially knowing that twins often want out a little earlier.

Mrs. Greasy gave me a neat "Daddy" T-Shirt yesterday. A few weeks too early yet to wear it (not that I'm superstitious, yet it seemed wading just a little too deep into the "counting chickens before they're hatched" pond), but I did have to try it on.