Steam Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats Antique steam engines, their boilers, pumps, gauges, whistles and other related things that make them run.

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines, Steam Boats

Nichols-Shepard sales literature at Portland

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 1610 times

Old 08-22-2008, 07:43:39 AM
In Memory Of

Thanked 2,166 Times in 760 Posts
Default Nichols-Shepard sales literature at Portland

We always walk the Bric-A-Brac stalls at Portland, and yesterday we came across a vendor with what looks like original copies of three N-S sales catalogs.

Two were for threshing equipment, but included the engines.

I might pick up one for our website, but in any event I will get the vendors details and if anyone wants them, they can contact me for phone number etc.

Prices were $30 - $40 each.

Peter
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2008, 09:55:08 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 2,557 Times in 836 Posts
Default Re: Nichols-Shepard sales literature at Portland

I wont be able to make Portland but if you see any steam traction engine castings or engines...like 1" , 2" or 4" (like was there last year) can you get me the contact info ? Thanks
Old 08-22-2008, 09:39:32 PM
In Memory Of

Thanked 2,166 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casemaker View Post
I wont be able to make Portland but if you see any steam traction engine castings or engines...like 1" , 2" or 4" (like was there last year) can you get me the contact info ? Thanks
Can't help on either, and the Nichols-Shepard stuff had all gone when we got in this morning

While talking with a guy who had just bought a couple of engines at the show, he mentioned that he had just sold a Case live steam model, but we didn't get any details as it was a done deal before the show.

We walked the sales area a few times, but apart from a big flyball governor which looked steam, we didn't see much else.

There has been steam stuff at the show before when we have been there, but this year it was not immediately obvious.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stakker6.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	38165  
Old 08-23-2008, 12:12:54 AM

Thanked 12,782 Times in 3,873 Posts

Peter,

I found a Nichols & Shepard parts book on the way in from the South Gate. It didn't have a date on it, but mentioned engines numbered 10,000 & above. I bought that for Rol.

I had hoped to find the items you commented on. There are some nice catalogs in one of the buildings...he also has a sweet Banner Boy stick pin...$165...also a Russell for $110....The neatest thing (but am too cheap to pay for such) was a 1913 Alberta Boiler's license! He wanted $80 for it. Even though it came with its own carrier, I couldn't seem to cough up that much $$$.

Beth
Old 08-23-2008, 02:49:32 PM
Email Over Quota

Thanked 3,180 Times in 994 Posts

I have seen most various catalogs on a trailer over by food vending or near Huber Museum tent.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:52:23 PM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ListerDiesel View Post
We always walk the Bric-A-Brac stalls at Portland, and yesterday we came across a vendor with what looks like original copies of three N-S sales catalogs.

Two were for threshing equipment, but included the engines.

I might pick up one for our website, but in any event I will get the vendors details and if anyone wants them, they can contact me for phone number etc.

Prices were $30 - $40 each.

Peter
sounds like some one got a H*(% of a deal as they are 80 + $ on that other sight! if i would have had the $ and had been there mmmmmmmm the only if's lolol