eBay Auctions
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > eBayŠ Auction Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

eBayŠ Auction Discussion All eBay™ discussion; engines, frauds, fancies, weird stuff and more.

eBayŠ Auction Discussion

Fraud from Romania

this thread has 10 replies and has been viewed 2719 times

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 06:25:24 AM
William Hoitt

Default Fraud

Looks like we have a new twist on fraud, what do you think. Received the following this morning.

To member: theengineman From member: xwing25

--------------------

Good day! I saw you on ebay bidding on item Antique Galloway 6 HP Hit & Miss Engine (Item # 2564361466)

I represent an antiques store from Romania and we have the exact item you bidded on and wish to sell it on ebay for the final price of 900 USD . The only problem is that we do not wish to pay additional taxes to ebay and other third-parties so we beleive that we can make a fair bussiness together and perhaps develop a future colaboration. The only thing you will have to do will be sending us via western union the shipping and insurrance taxes which represent 330 USD and the next day the item shall be sent to you via UPS. Once with it you will receive a warranty contract which will assure you of the authenticity of the product and will also offer you warranty. From the day your item arrives you will have a 7 working days evaluation period. In this time you will examine the product and decide whether to keep it or have your money returned and our product back. You will also receive a receipt once with the product which you will have to keep in the future in order of the warranty contract to be valid. The total price we ask for includes the shipping taxes too. After deciding to keep the product you will send me the rest of the money (less shipping taxes you sent first) via Western Union and a copy of the signed contract via FedEx in case you will agree all. We must mention that you would be our first customer which would not be satisfied of our products so there are preety poor chances for this to happen for we are a very serious company here, still at the beggining, but who wishes to impose itself on the online market by its seriosity and quality of the products. I truly hope that we can have a fair bussiness based on mutual trust for neither of us will risk many years of jail for a few dollars or a worthless product compared to each man's freedom. I also hope we can develop from here a bussiness relationship profitable for the both of us. Looking forward to hear from you, Matei Aurel Sales Manager Lake Style Romania S.R.L.

--------------------
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2003, 08:09:08 AM
Bob Naske

Default Re: Fraud

Just another "creative crook". Too bad their energies aren't used for positive purposes.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:41:34 AM
Will from MN

My eyes hurt from reading all the incorrectly spelled words. I say throw them in prison just for that reason.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:04:20 AM
David Greenwalt

I got a kick out of the warranty part. Anybody ever hear of an antique store selling anything with a warranty? David.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:09:31 PM
Chuck Parcher (Ks.)

David: If we can get this guys address we can offer him an $1800.00 spelling course, and we'll only need $962.47 as a down payment for the course, and $287.33 for shipping and handling all up front of course so that we won't doubt his (SERIOSITY). Then we'll split the money and hit the road. What do you think?

CHUCK
Old 10-16-2003, 01:13:06 PM
Doug Kimball

Gee Chuck, It's been a long time since we've heard from you!
Old 10-16-2003, 02:52:58 PM
David Greenwalt

That would be good Chuck, as long as we don't have to give a warranty. Anyone that thinks we are going to fall for a line like that probably isn't going to remember his lessons very well. (I hope no one takes offense to our making fun of spelling, we all misspell from time to time, but if I was trying to con someone the least I would do is make my paperwork look professional). That letter reeks of fraud in just about every sentence. David.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:56:23 PM
George Andreasen

Ya know guys, I keep seeing this stuff turn up lately from a lot of places (overseas)and I can't help but wonder....do they really think the average American is that foolish, uneducated or just plain stupid? The text, spelling and grammer wouldn't fool most 5th grade kids. I really think it requires a clever response...but who wants to take the chance releasing their email address? There are some awfully nice folks here on Harry's, so don't let anyone get burned by this nonsense. Just my two bits. Thanks, George
Old 10-16-2003, 03:07:52 PM
Chuck Parcher (Ks.)

Doug: I've been on the road playing music all over, for almost a solid year now. I'm back for now, and won't be going out in the near future unless David goes with me.

CHUCK
Old 10-16-2003, 08:09:08 PM
allen lapage

oHH coemon gies he is progubbly a onnest guy juest tryen to make soom monney.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:59:06 PM
Denny Foster

Man I would love to see that UPS driver haul that Masterpiece 6 up the steps and leave it on the doorstep
Closed Thread