Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Smokstak Down Under
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Down Under For Australia and New Zealand Smokstakers to meet, greet, yabber and yack.

Smokstak Down Under

Massey Ferguson 30 Tractors

this thread has 22 replies and has been viewed 11325 times

Old 02-06-2019, 01:17:25 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Massey Ferguson 30 Tractors

Hi Rod,
Are you over near Wallabi Pt? If so you are near me. Not sure about your issue but with the engine off in time it will lower to the ground asnd then you can remove the slasher so you can have a look inside. The mf30 I listed above also lives near by out at wingham.
Also try looking for a manual online as I have found a few by using Google and then either downloading for free when available or buying a disc or have pay to have it downloaded. They usually are not expensive. Try the local MF dealer and if he is any good he may have the info and say it is the same as another model, I don't know but always worth a go.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2019, 02:17:34 AM
Registered

im over in saltash near lemontree passage my place backs onto the water it is droping abot 5mm a night n everytime i move it ,it goes back up so i moved it to where i can work on i cant get the slasher of the three point linkage its rusted
The Following User Says Thank You to rod baker For This Post:
Old 02-08-2019, 12:42:57 AM
Registered-III

We are in Coopernook. Could you get some tree stumps for it to sit on instead of waiting for it to sit on the ground.
Not sure with yours as to how to lower it any other way other than it creeping down over time and this would normally not take too long with an older model tractor.
Having said that, in your user manual is there a lock to hold it up? The D.B. Cropmaster uses locking pins at different heights so have a look for pins or a device that would lock it up because it would normally creep down in a matter of hours.