Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants Antique Generators, Light Plants, Typically 24, 32 or 48 volt although some are 110 volt. DC Lamps, Motors and appliances.

Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants

Tiny Tim Battery Charging Set

this thread has 13 replies and has been viewed 2092 times

Old 01-23-2018, 12:36:34 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Tiny Tim battery charging set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanman View Post
That 60 amp meter would make me tend to think that it is a 6 volt set. 60 amps at 12 volts would be more power than that little engine could make, I'd think! This, of course, assuming that the gauge is original....

Keith
Hi is the tiny tim a b circuit or a circuit configuration thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2018, 12:16:59 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Tiny Tim battery charging set

I did some probing and found out the wards airline charger has a a circuit configuration and the tiny tim charger was another name for the wards charger. From my understanding Western Auto also sold the same charger under another name Wizzard Light Plant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Venetis View Post
Hi is the tiny tim a b circuit or a circuit configuration thanks.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:28:01 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Tiny Tim Battery Charging Set

Hello:

I am in the same pickle. no tags or ID info. One way to see what voltage it puts out besides the smoke test is to find the cutout relay and see what voltage across its coil will cause it to close starting with the lowest possibility, 6 volts in this case. It is probably lurking under the metal cover on the side. The cutout relay coil is connected across the output of the generator and pulls in when the generator voltages equals approacjes and exceeds the battery voltage. I did not know that they made a 24 volt plant. They also made a 32 volt device. I need to machine a part for the pesky pushbutton switch on top. Contact us if any questions. Cheers!
Old 03-17-2018, 10:20:54 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Tiny Tim Battery Charging Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownfrog View Post
Hello:

I am in the same pickle. no tags or ID info. One way to see what voltage it puts out besides the smoke test is to find the cutout relay and see what voltage across its coil will cause it to close starting with the lowest possibility, 6 volts in this case. It is probably lurking under the metal cover on the side. The cutout relay coil is connected across the output of the generator and pulls in when the generator voltages equals approacjes and exceeds the battery voltage. I did not know that they made a 24 volt plant. They also made a 32 volt device. I need to machine a part for the pesky pushbutton switch on top. Contact us if any questions. Cheers!
You could try starting it on 6 volts and disconnect the battery and see what it puts out fromm the battery terminal on the voltage regulator.