Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Generac Generators (SEARS, etc.)
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generac Generators (SEARS, etc.) Restoring, maintaining and operating Generac generators.

Generac Generators (SEARS, etc.)

Generac Guardian Gen 8kw Starts, Runs, Shuts down Then Restarts

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 96 times

Old 06-12-2019, 11:17:07 AM
Registered

Angry Generac Guardian Gen 8kw Starts, Runs, Shuts down Then Restarts

Generac Guardian Standby Generator
(model)item#:0041094, s/n:35254444,volts:120/240, amps:66.6/33.3, watts:8000
My Generac generator (when rocker switch is set to manual) starts, runs for maybe 10 seconds then shuts down, restarts (on it's own) and shuts down again in lesser time. These are the same symptoms as if the High Temperature Sensor would be faulty. History- I have had trouble with the Low Oil Pressure Sensor, the High Temperature Sensor and the main Regulator from the propane tank.
These problems occurred in a short period of time, couple months each and after each issue the generator worked fine after faulty part replacement. My current problem has the same symptoms as if the High Temperature Sensor is bad but there are there aren't any Fault LED's lit. When the ambient temperature would get hot enough the generator would stay running as if there isn't any problems. I have connected a Water Column Gauge to the demand regulator (internal regulator thats connects to the carburetor) and the Gauge reads 11.5" to 12" Water Column which is the proper pressure. For fuel I use a 7 gallon propane tank and have been using that size tank for 8 years without any problems. I have researched this problem through the internet and have not found any answers or anybody else having this problem. It definitley has me baffled and I would truly appreciate anybodys input. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2019, 12:04:44 PM
Email NOT Working

Default Re: Generac Guardian Gen 8kw Starts, Runs, Shuts down Then Restarts

Is it putting out voltage during the short time it runs? Some of these will shut down if they don't see voltage output and restart in hopes of exciting the field again.