Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

Hume's Consignment Auction (Milton, ON)

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 2969 times

Old 05-11-2008, 10:41:52 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,229 Times in 398 Posts
Default Hume's Consignment Auction (Milton, ON)

Any collectors from Ontario or the surrounding area who may have attended this auction on Sat. May 10th? I was not able to attend, and was curious what the two Moline Universals brought, as well as the Baker? If not I'll just give the Auctioneers a call.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2008, 04:47:16 PM
Subscriber

Photo Re: Hume's Consignment Auction (Milton, ON)

Hey Jeff,
Well, the Baker went to Michigan over the phone....C-H-E-A-P . But if you come see the parts Moline at our place here in Everett, I'll tell you all about the sale ! (No, I'm not kidding, the basket case is here). See if you can figure out which Model D Moline I brought home, from the pic. Are you looking for a worthy resto project ???

-Andrew....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MolineUniversalsx3.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	33600  
Old 05-11-2008, 09:50:06 PM
Edwin

Default Re: Hume's Consignment Auction (Milton, ON)

Hello Andrew do you know what the Baker went for,i know who bought it im sure you do too.Did you really buy one the complete Moline's??Or the parts one??I heard there were a couple engines there too.I guess i missed a decent auction.
thanks
Ed
Old 05-12-2008, 12:19:59 AM
Subscriber

Edwin,
Suffice to say if I wasn't the back bidder, the Baker would have sold for $4,500 (+24.3 % what with sales tax and the buyer's premium) . Of course we all know, when it leaves the country, a foreign bidder gets the tax back, so they can bid more liberally . Still, there better not be any Canadians ever complaining near me about how their stuff is leaving the country. Buyer's premium or not, this sale was well known 'round here and those tractors were there to sell; hardly anyone showed up (I was late and still only bid number 91 ), and those that did just stood around and watched . The parts Moline is sitting at my place right now. There were a couple of engines there, with the 5 hp balltop Lister bringing the most at 900 bucks (again + 24.3%).

-Andrew....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Baker25-50resize.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	33632  
Old 05-12-2008, 09:57:44 AM
Edwin

Andrew i forgot about the spring sale Sherwood has every year.I now am kicking myself in the ass for not showing up.anyway i dont have much room left being in town.But your right i bet there was people there to socialize and stand around and watch our stuff go out of the country.I too do not want to hear anyone complaining about it.900.00 for a 5hp lister someone got a good deal.wasnt there a smaller engine there too?
thanks
Ed
Old 05-12-2008, 06:02:02 PM
Registered-II

What price did the Molines bring??

John
Old 05-12-2008, 06:46:08 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,229 Times in 398 Posts

Well that's interesting.....I was meaning to attend but some stuff came up. So between a small crowd and the real nice day, there was some deals to leave with? What were the prices of the Molines? Did anyone record serials numbers by any chance?

I assume the tractor is at your dad's place Andrew? That was a great sale at your dad's! I actually phoned you up a couple season's back about the MM Waterloo (27-44) at your place but never got a chance to see it before it left.

Thanks.