Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants Antique Generators, Light Plants, Typically 24, 32 or 48 volt although some are 110 volt. DC Lamps, Motors and appliances.

Delco and other Low Voltage DC Light Plants

Delco Light Plant 752

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 4108 times

Old 01-05-2003, 09:39:32 PM
Phil King

Default Delco Light Plant 752

HI. I have a Delco light plant model 752 and it is in good condition but I have no books or information on it. does anyone have any wiring diagrams or manuals on this model. Also is it worth restoring back to original cond., now it is in great shape and it is all intacked except for a missing gas tank. Thanks for helping me out. Phil
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2003, 12:10:33 AM
Don C. Wiley

Default Re: Delco Light Plant 752

Phil;

If you like fooling with old generators this one will be perfect for you. It might try your paitents before your done but it is well worth it.(my opinion)

Yes! It is worth restoration but being a avid Delco-Light collector I'm a bit partial.

There should be a wiring diagram glued to the inside of the control panel door. Some times the hinges get a bit rusty and when you go to open the door you have to be careful not to break them.

This generator will start and stop when you apply a load in excess of a set load and stop when the excess load is turned off. I have four 50 watt bulbs on my display trailer and when I have them on nothing happens but when I start any of the 32 volt motors the generator will start automatically.

It makes a nice display.

"DELCO DON" Southern Illinois
Old 01-06-2003, 08:57:35 AM
Steve Wright

I have a 752 with a perfect diagram in the door like Don said. If you don't find yours any good, I can take a picture of it, close up, and email it to you. It would be a great machine to restore and show if that's what you like to do. Finding one is the real fun part. Steve
Old 01-06-2003, 07:58:32 PM
Phil King

Thank you Don and Steve.The wiring diagram I have in the inside of the door is fully intacked and perfectly legiable.Does anyone happen to have a manual for one of these.So I could look up on how it runs and what I need to do in order to get it running.It is in perfect shape, but I just need a manual so I can see what I need to do to get it running.It does not run now but everything is there to it.The only thing missing is the gas tank. Everything else is there. Thanks Phil
Old 01-07-2003, 09:04:35 AM
Steve Wright

The gas tank was not part of the unit, at least not on the two 752's that I have. The second one I got had an old antifreeze can with a couple holes punched in the top. One tube from the fuel pump sucks the fuel up and pumps it into the overflow type carburetor and then a return tube runs the overflow back in to the can. A genuine Delco fuel can from them days looks like an old 5 gallon oil can only smaller, with no pour spout, just two 1/2in tubes sticking up along the edge, side by side about 2in. A nice rare find if you can get one. But for now you can use anything for a fuel can. I think Don has reprints of manuals, I don't have a manual. I can send you a picture of the the fuel can (email), so you can look for one out in the wild. I would put a picture on here, but haven't figured that out yet, will have to ask my kid's, they understand these compukers better than I. Steve
Old 01-07-2003, 01:37:24 PM
Don C. Wiley

Phil;

Try this link for a manual.

"DELCO DON" Southern Illinois

http://www.oldengine.org/members/demaria/Delco/dr.htm
Old 05-31-2015, 07:18:01 AM
Registered

Question Re: Delco Light Plant 752

Picked up a Model 752 at an auction last weekend and it appears to be in pretty fair shape except missing a few parts. The rod that runs from carb back to the electrical control box, the bracket that supports the rod on the control box, the bellcrank on the control box end of the rod and whatever the bellcrank actuates going through the side of box to the relay contact are missing. I can build all of the parts and probably can figure out the dimensions of the rod, bracket and bellcrank, but would appreciate if someone that has one of these could take a couple of pictures of the parts inside the box or sketch them up with some dimensions.

Thanks

Myrle