Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

buda engine

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 6568 times

Old 10-23-2004, 03:43:30 PM
kyle blankenship

Default buda engine

i just aquired a buda engine, although i havent got it home yet the deal is done. im wanting some info on these engines. its a 4 cylinder engine. any help? thanks--kyle
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2004, 09:43:35 PM
Hank Czerwick

Default Re: buda engine

My Cockshutt 30 tractor has a Buda 4 cylinder in it. It's a 153ci one. The 40 and 50 series of tractors used a 6 cylinder Buda and the diesel engines used in these tractors were also made by Buda. The 20 series of tractors I belive had a Continental built engine in it. There is a relationship also between Buda and Allis Chalmers. It's my understanding that AC actully bought Buda in the end and that is why Cockshutt quit producing the series of tractors because AC would not sell them engines. Most internal engine parts, at least for the 153 are availble at the NAPA dealer. Also keep in mind that ignition parts are Autolite and not Delco.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:21:02 PM
kyleblankenship

Default Re: buda engine

i guess that the buda was a good investment if it was from the allis chalmers line, somewhere. thanks for the info.--kyle