Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

Maytag Model 92 Multi Motor

this thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 2810 times

Old 06-17-2016, 02:12:04 AM
Registered

Default Maytag Model 92 Multi Motor

A lot of you have heard of shopdogsam. He and his son Jason are holding a raffle on a Maytag model 92 they are in the process of rebuilding. There is a companion set of videos posted on youtube by Jason so you can see the engine being put together. Search "ligebellbuckletn Maytag 92 multi motor giveaway" on youtube for details on how to enter (in the description under the video). I'm doing this to help them gain some exposure and help this raffle be a success. The entry fee is $20.00 and whether it's one entry, ten entries, or a thousand entries, one lucky person is going to receive this model 92 for $20.00 period. Thanks for looking and good luck...I know of at least one entry so far...mine
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2016, 11:09:49 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Maytag model 92 multi motor

What is the purpose of the raffle ??? Do the proceeds go to some charity or someone with some dreaded disease ??? An answer to these questions may help ticket sales.......if it is for some worthy cause.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:56:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Oldenburg View Post
What is the purpose of the raffle ??? Do the proceeds go to some charity or someone with some dreaded disease ??? An answer to these questions may help ticket sales.......if it is for some worthy cause.
I don't know any of those details. They are just friends of mine holding a raffle and I'm just letting folks know about it. If a person can get a nice, rebuilt and running 92 for twenty bucks...that's a pretty good cause in my book.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:21:27 PM
Subscriber

Well.............It might be just me, but I would have absolutely no interest in getting another ordinary Maytag in the shed. Nothing against them..........I just don't want any more of them. However, I have been known to purchase raffle tickets for something I really hoped not to win. A lot of people will buy raffle tickets, only to help out someone in need. just my opinion though.

Last edited by Doug Oldenburg; 06-17-2016 at 08:41:44 PM. Reason: add a sentence
The Following User Says Thank You to Doug Oldenburg For This Post:
Old 06-17-2016, 07:03:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Oldenburg View Post
Well.............It might be just me, but I would have absolutely no interest in getting another common Maytag in the shed. However, I have been known to purchase raffle tickets for something I really hoped not to win. A lot of people will buy raffle tickets, only to help out someone in need. just my opinion though.
well.........................thanks for your opinion. A lot of people on these forums have heard of shopdogsam, though you may not have, and wouldn't consider an engine rebuilt by him to be "common". This is why I mentioned him in my original post. He has given a lot to the gas engine community and it was really those folks I was speaking to. I only wanted to give the raffle some exposure via these forums, and it is working as I see the views to their videos on this engine already increasing. I'll not be checking this thread further, as there really is no need, though you are free to leave as many opinions as you wish. You may want to expend the effort in threads where someone actually wants to know them....just my opinion though.http://www.smokstak.com/forum/images/smilies/shrug.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to dalepratt For This Post:
Old 07-13-2016, 01:59:36 PM
Registered

Default Re: Maytag Model 92 Multi Motor

So Dale the raffle has been going on for a month now. Have you drawn a winner yet and who was the lucky winner?

I was going to enter but I have several nicely restored 92's now. Thanks
Old 09-06-2016, 05:29:45 PM
Registered

The drawing was held on Labor day, thanks.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:10:57 PM
Subscriber

Coincidence or conspiracy.....or just extremely lucky.
gratulations on your score Dale. That longframe should be a keeper.