Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Machine Shop and Tool Talk
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Machine Shop and Tool Talk Shop Equipment, fabrication, repairs, how to fix it, which tool to use for the job. Machinist shop talk, straight to the point.

Machine Shop and Tool Talk

Poor Quality Stuff from China, are we blaming the right people?

this thread has 22 replies and has been viewed 2931 times

Old 02-01-2018, 03:11:19 PM
Registered

Default Re: Poor Quality Stuff from China, are we blaming the right people?

I do agree with Blaney, people arent working hard for their money so they dont have any value for it. I mean it pisses me off that i worked for years at $12/ hour rebuilding semis and now only 10 years later I could be flipping burgers for that. the mentality of " this is the last ___ Ill ever need to buy " is gone.

Gleaner- You are correct. none of the engineers that failed at something had to pay for it, so it wasnt a huge deal . 2 years ago they just widened our state highway going through town. the redid the u turns and now signs are knocked over because semis have a hard time going though. they didnt make them wide enough so the trailer gets up on the curb. I bet the engineer had never even touched a truck before. And the spot that they did the 3 lane, is never where I experienced the traffic jams.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2018, 05:14:49 PM
Registered

I had to laugh at the road building example as I see this every day.
With regard to poor quality stuff out of China it is all down to what is wanted and price. The Chinese make some very good quality product but you have to be aware that you get what you pay for. My personal dealings with Chinese factories is the service is fantastic and what I have ordered has exceeded my expectations but I do my research and approach several company's.
A friend could not find anyone locally even interested in making and printing T-shirts to his designs for the tourist industry. He ended up dealing with a Chinese firm that supplied good product for the first three container loads then a larger order of two containers was crap. He had a well written contract and sent them back at the suppliers expense along with a wages bill for handling and checking. He has never had a single problem for the last decade probably because the factory does not want problems or cost. Again the product is excellent. Business is business and it is importers starting with a quality product then shifting to a cheap version,(usually from a different supplier), at low quality that is the problem. Importer still charges at quality price though.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:48:26 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,423 Times in 1,718 Posts

The op referred to iso 9000. I remember when that was first new. I always saw it only as a way to kill mom an pop shops so the big corporations could get it all then they lower the quality and thereís no compitition to answer them. I know of a shipment of carb parts that were so bad they returned them. Within six months the same problems came back. The nice people over there didnít know they took a ball point pen and marked the inside of every one. You guessed it.