Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Machine Shop and Tool Talk
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Machine Shop and Tool Talk Shop Equipment, fabrication, repairs, how to fix it, which tool to use for the job. Machinist shop talk, straight to the point.

Machine Shop and Tool Talk

Sharnoa VMC Toolholder Jammed

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 507 times

Old 03-06-2018, 07:14:05 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,806 Times in 1,115 Posts
Default Sharnoa VMC Toolholder Jammed

I stuck the toolholder up in yesterday and drilled a hole with an endmill but when it started to travel Y axis I heard a snap and the depth of the 9/16 cut changed to about 5/16. I think maybe the toolholder did not draw up in all the way initially (maybe it was on the driving lugs but Im pretty good about that) The 1/2 "dia hole was way oversize too so toolholder probably not concentric.
The drawbar is tensioned by 32 disc washers to give 1600kg of pulling power and is actuated by a pneumatic cylinder for tool changes (I broke one of the induction proximity sensors too, my fault) anywho that darn toolholder wont come out for love nor money
Pry down while activating drawbar-nope
Bearing splitter between toolholder and spindle-nope
Expose top of drawbar and whack it with a hardwood board and a BFH-nope
I took some depth mic readings onto the drawbar end and the nut and locknut as a point of reference but discovered that after loosening it one turn my readings onto them did not change.
Any ideas?
Sponsored Links