Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Feild & Brundage / Racine Sattley

this thread has 41 replies and has been viewed 6181 times

Old 02-19-2006, 10:16:44 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,391 Times in 945 Posts
Default Feild & Brundage / Racine Sattley

How many of these are out there and what colors do you have?Racine- Sattley(Wards) or the feild&Brundage w?BobRR
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2006, 01:03:01 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: feild&brundage/racine sattley

I have a 1.5hp Sattley, Field built that is red. I used to have a 3hp Wolverine, Field built that was green. I have an original brochure on the Field type W engines showing the green color and pen stripes. I have seen Sattley engines that were black originally also.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:40:58 AM
Registered-II

I have a 1.5 hp and a 5 hp Sattley that are both black. I have an original brochure stating the gasoline engines were black and the kerosene versions were brown.

Doug
Old 02-20-2006, 10:14:47 AM
Registered-III

I have 2, 1.5 hp and 1, 2.5 hp. they are all black as per the brochure that Doug has. I have also seen them red. Bob Brown
Old 02-20-2006, 10:25:49 AM
RustyironinMO

I have a 7 that was origonally red and a 5 thay the main body of the engine was origonally silver and the flywheels were painted dark green and it looks to be an origonal color also my engine is missing the tag is there a serial number anywhere on the engine and all of the casting numbers start with CC does that mean anything does anyone know where I can get e repo tag for it Thanks Kris
Old 02-20-2006, 10:47:34 AM
Subscriber

I have a 3.5 hp Sattley that I purchased as a basket case over 10 years ago. It had been disassembled and sandblasted, that is how I acquired it and its still in the same condition. It needs to have sleeve installed, does anyone know what the clearance should be between the piston and cylinder? I keep putting it on the back burner, maybe its time to reassemble it and bring it back to life.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:11:36 AM
eMail NOT Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRR
How many of these are out there and what colors do you have?Racine- Sattley(Wards) or the feild&Brundage w?BobRR
I keep a roster on Field-Brundage engines. I have a list of about 90 engines total. I break the list down to the early Fields with number up to 5560, last of the side shafts, and those after starting with the Wolverines that only were made for a year or so before a lawsuit stopped them from using that name because some other company was using it. They then called them Type W and then they made Sattley's for Montgomery Wards. I also have a Elmore name as being made by F-B. There are over 40 engine listed in the second section. I started this roster over 30 years ago and have added numbers when I could get them. There are probably many more that are not on my roster. I know some of these owners are no longer with us and the engines have scattered. I have a color brochure on the Wolverine but have nothing on the Sattley's. I have 3 early Fields (one the only 35 HP known) and have some info on them. I hope this is of some help. John Davidson
Old 02-20-2006, 04:34:53 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,391 Times in 945 Posts

The one I'm putting back together has a lot of original red paint.(no.35xxx) A friend has a older one(no.24xxx)that when restored was put back black.He thinks that was the original color. Do you know what yr. that brochure you guys mention was printed? What yr. did Brundage go out of business? I noticed in the auto. link to the archives at the bottom of this thread that Harry and Randy show a couple sattley's. I think they maybe nelson bros.? as the governor and water hoppers are different. Any other info out there?Thanks BobRR
Old 02-20-2006, 08:13:42 PM
Registered-I

I have a 2 1/2hp Sattely that I am restoring. It's missing the tag so I am not positive that it IS a Sattely? There was remnants of green paint on some parts.
Joseph
Old 02-20-2006, 10:23:57 PM
Registered-III

Hi,
I have what I think are two Field & Brundage engines.
Neither one have a tag, where might I find a serial number on the engine?
Here my thread with my latest Field & Brundage ~3HP H&M
Named; Sattley, Alamo, Wolverine, or What do you Think?? (and hope the link works)
http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28004
The attached picture is of my other one I believe it is a ~7HP TG
Thanks
Roger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image092.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	7165