Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators Restoring, maintaining and operating Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu, and clones.

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators

Honda EG5000X

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 403 times

Old 07-05-2017, 05:19:01 PM
Registered-I

Default Honda EG5000X

I have a Honda EG5000X I replaced the head and Carburetor it got backed in to , I got this from a dealer who took it in as a trade in. How do i know what this has bonded Neutral floating or what ? I down loaded the manual either I missed it or it does not say. I am going to sell it so I know I will be asked and I dont know how to figure it out Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2017, 05:47:14 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Honda EG5000X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawsplace56 View Post
I have a Honda EG5000X I replaced the head and Carburetor it got backed in to , I got this from a dealer who took it in as a trade in. How do i know what this has bonded Neutral floating or what ? I down loaded the manual either I missed it or it does not say. I am going to sell it so I know I will be asked and I dont know how to figure it out Thanks
EG should have a floating neutral. EB has a bonded neutral. You can buy a cheep plug in tester at Home Depot, or you can test it when the engine is off with a ohm meter. Put one probe in the neutral and one probe in the ground. You should get no beep if its floating.

Here's a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTr6RBq9vTU
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexV For This Post: