Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators Restoring, maintaining and operating Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu, and clones.

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators

Eu7000 is Shutting Down Randomly. Code E-0A

this thread has 23 replies and has been viewed 8842 times

Old 07-19-2017, 10:50:25 AM
Registered

Default Re: Eu7000is shutting down randomly. Code E-0A

I have also already replaced the GCU. It ran fine for about a month or so and then back to the same old symptoms. I am so frustrated at this point. I feel like I have a boat anchor. I am so disappointed in this $4000 Honda. I have 3 Honda EU2000is, One EU3000is, and one EU6500is. NONE have given me a single problem. I maintain them to perfection (yes I even have hour meters on the EU2000is). Never leave fuel in them and start/use them monthly. This is my first bad experience.

I simply can't figure this generator out!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2017, 08:56:28 PM
Subscriber

I'm sorry my post was of little help. I know how frustrating it can be, when you know the problem is right in front of you, but you just can't see it.

Maybe send a PM to the "Honda" guy on this site?

Username: robertathonda
Old 07-19-2017, 09:15:56 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asia-Off-Grid View Post
I'm sorry my post was of little help. I know how frustrating it can be, when you know the problem is right in front of you, but you just can't see it.

Maybe send a PM to the "Honda" guy on this site?

Username: robertathonda
Already did. Haven't heard back.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:24:45 PM
Registered

Just an update for the next guy who runs into this problem. I ordered a new fuel pump and filter after I ran through the algorithm in the repair manual. The generator is up and running like a champ.

If you have a similar problem, I'd start with the filter and then the pump. I just got both and my problem was solved.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to offtosleep For This Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 06:43:53 PM
Registered

I had the same problem, I installed a NEW Pump with filter sock and a new spark plug,.THE only thing I cant find is a procedure to reset the error codes on the Imonitor on The Honda Generator EU7000IS.
IF you know Please help.. Id like to know if I am running normal again other than the sound and performance

Thanks
Rich
Old 09-02-2017, 05:25:29 PM
Registered

I have just converted our 7000is to propane and saw this error code until we got the fuel/air mixture correct by changing the fuel injector orifice. It appears to be triggered by the oxygen sensor.
Makes sense to me that it would happen if your air or fuel filter is dirty. Certainly try cleaning both before doing something more drastic like changing the fuel pump.
Darwould
Old 12-23-2017, 08:07:39 PM
Registered

I caretake a place that is off the grid, using (2) 7000i''s that replaced 6500''s one that had 39000hours on it,( you read that right)
At 1st I was delighted, 25%more economy, better handling loads just all around better machine. THEN all the sudden it started surging, at 1st you would see the light dim a little then it would level out. THEN it got worse after a day or 2 then it spit coughed and surged.
My employer bought a spare and we sent this back to the dealer. It had maybe 300 hours on it. The dealer gave me no good answers or told me the problem just sent it back and said "Don't use any ethanol in it " It ran OK for a few hours then again began the same syptoms. I brought it back and said dont send it back till it's fixed. After a couple weeks they again sent it back, again said no ethanol fuel ( had been burning the ultra expensive non ethanol ). Still no explanations of the repairs. THEN 700i#2 started the same thing.
I have had nothing but issues with these units.
They change injectors filters play with valve adjustment, till they run then send back. One has 4k hours the other 3500 hrs.
These things are JUNK compared to the previous 6500s.
Last year I had to go to a battery/inverter setup as running the generators 24/7 was too much maintenance (as well as gas $)
Both are out of warranty and both are acting up.
I changed filters and plug, cleaned injector on 1 and it seems to be running great for now, hoping that's all it needs for now.

What is the life expectancy of the injectors and fuel pumps? Should I just replace both?
Any ideas I'm overlooking?
Should I have to run non ethanol even though my gas doesn't sit around AT all? It's 60 cents a gallon more where I live.
Thanks!!!
Dean
Old 12-23-2017, 08:54:21 PM
Registered-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaadio View Post
I caretake a place that is off the grid, using (2) 7000i''s that replaced 6500''s one that had 39000hours on it,( you read that right)
At 1st I was delighted, 25%more economy, better handling loads just all around better machine. THEN all the sudden it started surging, at 1st you would see the light dim a little then it would level out. THEN it got worse after a day or 2 then it spit coughed and surged.
My employer bought a spare and we sent this back to the dealer. It had maybe 300 hours on it. The dealer gave me no good answers or told me the problem just sent it back and said "Don't use any ethanol in it " It ran OK for a few hours then again began the same syptoms. I brought it back and said dont send it back till it's fixed. After a couple weeks they again sent it back, again said no ethanol fuel ( had been burning the ultra expensive non ethanol ). Still no explanations of the repairs. THEN 700i#2 started the same thing.
I have had nothing but issues with these units.
They change injectors filters play with valve adjustment, till they run then send back. One has 4k hours the other 3500 hrs.
These things are JUNK compared to the previous 6500s.
Last year I had to go to a battery/inverter setup as running the generators 24/7 was too much maintenance (as well as gas $)
Both are out of warranty and both are acting up.
I changed filters and plug, cleaned injector on 1 and it seems to be running great for now, hoping that's all it needs for now.

What is the life expectancy of the injectors and fuel pumps? Should I just replace both?
Any ideas I'm overlooking?
Should I have to run non ethanol even though my gas doesn't sit around AT all? It's 60 cents a gallon more where I live.
Thanks!!!
Dean
Dean congratulations on that amount of hours on that EU6500. It makes me sorry I sold mine. The jury is still out on a fix for the EU7000 surging problem. I'm starting to read more and more people are having problems. Its good you have a backup generator just in case your primary one fails. The best advice I give people is to have some spare parts. I keep extra spark plugs and I also keep a spare fuel injector on the shelf. It looks like I'm going to have to pickup a spare fuel pump and fuel filter too. I get a strange feeling some EU7000's got bad ECU's. As time goes by and the number of run hours increase on these units we may see ALOT of people having problems. f that's the case Honda will be forced to do something about it. Congratulations Again on that run time on that WELL maintained EU6500.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:30:49 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,174 Posts

I don't have a horse in the race but I'll stand by my opinion of the new stuff.
Over engineered computerized junk.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:10:45 AM
Registered

Default Re: Eu7000 is Shutting Down Randomly. Code E-0A

just wanted to chime in with same issue, 2 gcu's and multiple other parts replaced and still same issue, also can verify 4 other owners here in R.I with same issue. there has got to be an easy fix, how has Honda not addressed this yet?