Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators Restoring, maintaining and operating Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu, and clones.

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators

Please Share Your Positive Honda Experience...

this thread has 29 replies and has been viewed 3896 times

Old 12-30-2016, 05:25:55 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Whats involved in changing v-twin gx360 coil?

I'm afraid i gotta pull the 14 year old engine because the flywheel end is buried in a garden tractor. What other surprises are in store? thanks 4 any help.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2017, 06:15:42 AM
Registered-I

Default Re: Please Share Your Positive Honda Experience...

i finally can add a Honda HS724 snowblower to my Honda equipment. I certainly didn't have the money to do this. This was given to me by the previous owner who was done with it because of the cost o the repairs was going to be greater then the value of the machine , The nose/scoop was rotted out and the gear box was busted. The engine would not start. I started making calls to my friends who do what i do fix mowers and snowblowers . Over the years we have developed a network to help each other out when looking for parts, in a few days one of my friends called me and told me my search was over and a complete nose would be here. That day happened and my friend even helped me install it . now i have the Honda snowblower , i have the Honda Tiller, i Have the Honda Mower , I have the Honda Eu2000i.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shawsplace56 For This Post:
Old 02-28-2017, 07:47:12 PM
Registered-I

On Saturday night we were struck by an EF1 tornado. It was time for Honda EU2000i to step up to the plate. I went out took my Honda out of its domicile and it started on the first pull. I then pulled out the cord i keep with it and plugged that in and under my door , I then pulled one plug that controlled my everything computer including my Hughesnet satellite Modem wifi and a lamp , after that settled in about 1/2 an hour I plugged in the 42 inch LED tv the receiver and its direct tv satellite . We heat with wood and the stove has a small fan. I ran a cord to the fan. I plugged in at 730 PM on Saturday, The little Honda ran for the next 26 hours 1145 PM Sunday non stop adding gas as needed ,I know your suppose to shut down but ,...... In the morning I plugged in my Peculator ended up making 2 Pots Having a teenage daughter at home the most important thing to have up and running is the[B][B] internet and wifi.The little Honda ran flawlessly. Glad I bought the Honda. My Honda just turned 3 on February 27
The Following User Says Thank You to Shawsplace56 For This Post:
Old 04-23-2017, 08:34:24 AM
Registered-I

I have had a Honda HRS 21 for several years. I have been looking for the upper Handle bars for a very long time. Both sides of my handle bars are broken off just above the bolt carriage type bolts. That said this is an amazing machine.I love the design. The engine is weird. The flywheel is at the bottom and the blade attaches to that the recoil is also located at the side on the bottom, . despite my upper handle bars are held with 2 radiator clamps this machine is willing to mow anytime, was this mower one of Mr Takeo Ogano first designs?
Old 04-24-2017, 09:29:10 AM
Registered-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawsplace56 View Post
was this mower one of Mr Takeo Ogano first designs?
He was probably involved; here's a nice write-up of a slightly newer model:

http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1978lawnmower/

- - -
Robert@Honda
Social Media Consigliere
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:00:01 PM
Registered-I

This is my HRS21 I am not certain But i do believe that these were the first Honda Mowers introduced in the United States. However those are my thoughts and i could be wrong The engines are upside down The flywheel coil and recoil are on the bottom of the engine and the blade is mounted to the flywheel . I now own two of these . This one had the blade mounted upside down and the wrong blade ,
Old 10-29-2017, 05:45:20 AM
Registered-I

Got a Honda ez5000 with a gx340 on it that's been running continuously for 3 tears only shut down long enough to change the oil every seven days and it always fires right back up first pull. Have it connected to an external fuel tank 15 gallon gravity feed so it can be safety refueled while running connected with a T valve I added to the fuel line. Honda should make the T valve connector as standard equipment. This generator is quiet too. Can hardly even hear it in the house. It runs all the basics as well as powering a battery charger to boost over the old noisy cast iron Briggs when the water heater needs to run.

I would really like to see a big brushless non inverter Honda generator with one of their economical 4 or 6 cylinder water cooled engines in the 20-30 kw range or larger.

I've had good experiences with Honda motorcycles and ATVs as well.

The generator I replaced the carburetor on once in three years with a factory Honda replacement due to a leaky bowl gasket but aside from that it hasn't needed anything but oil changes. Sips fuel too about .25 gph typical nighttime load , .33 gph daytime with coffee maker running frequently.
The Following User Says Thank You to csareb For This Post:
Old 10-30-2017, 12:40:16 AM
Registered-I

I just got a new EB 11000 generator and am very pleased. It will run everything no need for the separate aux generator for the water heater. (Range and furnace are lp). The old ez5000 is still running good and strong but now it is merely a backup.

Ran the eb11000 on conventional oil changing it every 8 hours for 24 hours and just switched over to liqui-moly full synthetic and it works perfectly.

I chose the Eb11000 rather than the EU series for two reasons one being I need the extra watts Eu is 7000 not 11000 and secondly the eb11000 is easier to get to the oil plug to change oil. Yes the eb11000 is a bit noisier but it's still nice and quiet compared to similar sized generators from bargain stores.
The Following User Says Thank You to csareb For This Post:
Old 10-30-2017, 11:48:39 AM

Thanked 1,820 Times in 1,187 Posts
Talking Re: Please Share Your Positive Honda Experience...

There is an Old Gentleman that lives out here in the Alaskan Bush that has a Honda 2000i with NOW over 10K Operational Hours on it.. He has a new 2000i still in the Box as a Backup... The fellow has a bit of an OCD Issue, but has a Record of every Oil Change, and Operational Hour that his first 2000i has ever had.... How is that for a Honda Story for you Robert....
Old 10-30-2017, 05:02:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by csareb View Post
I just got a new EB 11000 generator and am very pleased. It will run everything no need for the separate aux generator for the water heater. (Range and furnace are lp). The old ez5000 is still running good and strong but now it is merely a backup.

Ran the eb11000 on conventional oil changing it every 8 hours for 24 hours and just switched over to liqui-moly full synthetic and it works perfectly.

I chose the Eb11000 rather than the EU series for two reasons one being I need the extra watts Eu is 7000 not 11000 and secondly the eb11000 is easier to get to the oil plug to change oil. Yes the eb11000 is a bit noisier but it's still nice and quiet compared to similar sized generators from bargain stores.

I purchased one of the Eb11000 generators about 12-13 years ago, ran it a little then switched it to Mobil l oil. The hour meter probably shows 40-60 hours extra, as I ran the carb dry and forgot to turn the ignition key off after I first had it. I did install a Fumoto oil drain valve with a nipple then a length of rubber hose so I can divert old oil into a drain can with absolutely no mess. I change the oil about every 18 months even if not used, and always after it runs any during a power outage.

I had an electrician install a double throw switch between my meter and power panel so I can completely disconnect from utility grid , go to no power or to an inlet for the generator. The generator is stored in a shed probably about 150 feet away, and I made a trailer hitch for it with a long detachable tongue so I can move it with my lawn mower across wet grass more easily( saves a lot of wear and tear on this 72 year old body)

It will run most of my all electric house with a couple of exceptions. I do turn off the water heater and the backup heat strips for the heat pump and do not use the ove or all the burners on the stove at once, otherwise two freezers, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, toaster and lights are all good.

I did get a couple of the little EU2000i gen sets so I can run refrigerator and freezers and a few lights without dragging out the big unit, or if I have to use it for an extended time can have some light while servicing the big unit.
The Following User Says Thank You to jkingrph For This Post: