Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators Restoring, maintaining and operating Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu, and clones.

Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Isuszu Generators

Honda eu3000is backfiring through intake.

this thread has 21 replies and has been viewed 8805 times

Old 08-17-2017, 06:44:46 PM
Registered

Default Honda EU3000is - no spark

PN 28451-ZS9-A02 PULLEY (Honda Code 6389225) which hold the fan to the flywheel has 4 rubber engagement tabs ... not looking good. $35
Several parts of the electric start were buggered, including the starter rope so I just ordered a complete assy. 28400-ZS9-A04 STARTER ASSY. (Honda Code 8536310) $135

Best prices I found were from Boats.net and they shipped these two parts and a few others for free.

The 5500 watt Ryobi is quite noisy. It sure looks like a Honda motor but they have the Ryobi name on it. I just built an enclosure ... hoping not to piss of my neighbors too much for the week it will take me to recover.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2017, 10:28:09 PM
Registered

Default Honda eu3000is would not start

It was also backfiring.
I set the valves, cleaned the spark arrestor, cleaned the fuel strainer and the cup under the petcock. The starter assembly disintegrated. I ordered a new one from boats.net (great prices and service).

The following is my suggestion for anyone doing this job ....

FYI ....

When I reassembled everything and installed the new starter assy
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ho...TER/parts.html

I ran the gen for a few hours and something just did not sound right ....

I failed to notice that the three collars ( item #24 in the drawing ) did not come with the new starter assembly ... and I failed to transfer them from the old failed unit to the new unit.

Needless to say I just spent about four hours taking all all the covers and gas tank off, again, to access the bloody starter assembly.

I have the service manual and I did not really see a special mention of this problem.

Of course my argument is they (the collars) should come with the new unit or Honda should have at least slipped a not on a piece of paper WARNING everyone NOT to FORGET to xfer them.

Ok, y'all warned ...

Ta Ta