Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hot Air Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hot Air Engines Stirling engines, Rider-Ericsson and others.

Hot Air Engines

R/E 8" lower firebox casting

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 603 times

Old 01-27-2017, 08:20:13 AM
Registered

Default R/E 8" lower firebox casting

I have found a R/E lower firebox half (the portion with the feed door) which I plan to have a short run cast. It is from an 8" example, and in good shape. This will be set up for the gas style burner retaining only the brick support flange over the feed/inspection door. All lower flanges for brick and grate support are not present indicating to me possibly gas from factory? If an individual wanted to set up the new casting for solid fuel, it would not be difficult to fab and affix the grate/brick support members from angle stock. Is there any interest out there in having one of these made up for yourselves as well as the one I am having cast for myself? It seems that the lower portion of these fireboxes is the first to break up and disappear. There will be basic finishing required like tapping the holes for mounting, and fitting a groove in the latch for the door upon completion. Cost is relative to how many need to be made. The last large and complex casting like this seemed to fall in the $250-$300 range. Do let me know if you have any interest, as I plan to ship out next week.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon Pineo For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2017, 11:15:09 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: R/E 8" lower firebox casting

Brandon
Email me or call me I need to talk to you about this 928 two one 0 six seven 51 Buster
The Following User Says Thank You to Buster For This Post: