Antique Tractors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats Photos and information about antique steel wheeled farm tractors. This is where to find the heaviest of Old Iron tractors.

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats

International Titan 10-20 Parts

this thread has 20 replies and has been viewed 2817 times

Old 01-03-2018, 12:49:35 PM
Registered

Default International Titan 10-20 Parts

Hi All

First post on hear. Am in The UK in Herefordshire and have the remains of three Titan 10-20's all in the TV serial number range.

One is hopefully quite easy to get started, can remember Dad having it running of sorts about 35 years ago.

other two are in not so good condition but are 60-70% thier so worth saving.

Hoping to get the one going after spent so much time looking at it. after a few bits to get me started.

does any drawing exsit for a starting handle??

and also for the water and fuel tanks. have some very rust eaten tanks but only good for patterns but some proper mesurments would be good.

will try and get some photos uploaded when i get used to this forum.

thanks in advance

David
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herefordtitan For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2018, 03:21:25 PM
Registered

Default Re: International Titan 10-20 Parts

Hi David

I too have a Herefordshire Titan - TV12847. I understand it came out of the county in the 60's into preservation.

I got mine going in June last year after 45-years of dormancy (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5symse18gL4). It ran quite well, although having now stripped the engine down it is incredibly worn - a testament to its engineering.

Provided the engine has good compression and a strong spark, then there is no reason why it shouldn't start after 35 years. However - ensure that the lubricator is working and oil is getting to all the parts (I stripped the lubricator down and gave it a thorough clean). At some point my Titan ran with a dry big end, and caused a bit of a mess (although now repaired!). I'd advise taking the big end and main caps off and cleaning the bearings up before starting; my crank pins were quite rusty, despite not being seized.

I've sourced new valves, valve springs, rings, push rods and liners from H & J Machining in the States, who were very helpful. Biewer Tractor Salvage in the States have parts new and old (I sourced some brake bands from them). I managed to buy spark plugs off Ebay - a very nice matching pair of Splitdorfs. David White of Power Factors in the UK has parts from time to time.

Cooling tank-wise, I need the correct version fabricating, together with mudguards and an air cleaner. I've yet to find a source for steel tanks in the UK (you can source one in the US, but the carriage is very expensive). I've been unable to find the correct cotter-pin fixed drive chains in the UK; again, easily available in the States, but the cost of carriage makes them too expensive. Blank drive sprockets are available in the UK at around £80 each.

I have an original starting handle I could lend you to use as a pattern, as it's likely to be a few months before I have time to get my Titan back together. Happy to help out on any other queries you may have - feel free to PM me.

Good luck!

Roger
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RoFoCo For This Post:
Old 01-03-2018, 11:56:32 PM
Subscriber

Hi David/Roger,
Here is a link to a shop in Essex that has new tanks in there photos so maybe they still do them? (believe he is a staker as well!).
Good luck, Nathan.
http://www.tractorpanels.com/default.aspx
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nathan K. For This Post:
Old 01-04-2018, 03:23:21 PM
Registered-II

Hi All
I am also in the market for a water tank and wings for my Titan 10-20 TV8201, I'd say all three tractors would want the same design of short wings.

I have some original docmentation with my tractor which shows the owner was looking for a new water tank in 1930, when the tractor was just 13 years old. So the original ones didn't last any longer!

Maybe if we approach our man in Essex with 3 orders we can get some made up.

Harry
The Following User Says Thank You to Harry Henderson For This Post:
Old 01-08-2018, 01:09:17 AM
Subscriber

Hy I'm looking for an intake and carb assembly, fuel pump and tank for a 1918 Titan at the club i"m with. I might borrow the intake off mine to fire the club one up just to hear it run. Mine is Tv 31088 I left mine as it was originally was on the farm at the end of it's life of cutting firewood and chopping grain for the farm animals.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chilliwack plowing match 2017 006.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	300017   Click image for larger version

Name:	chilliwack plowing match 2017 007.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	300018  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ramey For This Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 07:47:08 PM
Registered

I am also looking for a water tank. Will be looking at Tractor show at Malvern this w/e.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:11:25 AM
Registered

Hi

went to Tractor world yesterday, no sign of anyone selling any old-old tractor spares or tin work!!

Thier was 3 titans, all looking superb in thier different states, painted restored and restored unpainted.

Have been looking into getting tanks made locally, think thier is a need for some in the UK.

Couple questions for the greater Smokstak.

Every Titan seems to have a different type of water tank. is thier any origanal drawings avalable or a origanal type to go by??

seen tanks with riveted seams and ends all soldered tanks?

what would be an original spec?? did they alter design durring the build run??

any help will be greatly recived.

with thanks

David
Old 02-25-2018, 10:32:13 AM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 4,900 Times in 2,572 Posts

I don't have any parts books but the Titan was upgraded several times during it's production run. There may as well been differences in the ones supplied for over seas sales. The fuel system, platform area, sheet metal , and clutch were all changed to mention a few.
The Following User Says Thank You to FWurth For This Post:
Old 02-26-2018, 12:13:05 AM

Thanked 19,739 Times in 5,806 Posts

This is the best I can do with the photos I still have of a '19 Titan I owned.
Only the longitudinal seam and filler door hinge are riveted.
The ends are soldered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TitanTank.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	304137  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craig A For This Post:
Old 02-26-2018, 10:27:36 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,763 Times in 301 Posts

There are at least three versions of the 39 gallon 10-20 Titan cooling tanks (Part #6581TMB) which are the more common and were used until some time in 1921. The 51 gallon cooling tank (Part # 6581TMC) was used on the last series 10-20 Titans that had the single piece head/exhaust casting with the center vertical exhaust and used the brass carb. I'll try to post more photos and info tomorrow.

Last edited by Roger Byrne; 02-26-2018 at 11:00:06 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roger Byrne For This Post: