Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

more *&%#@ ads no price

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 1636 times

Old 02-28-2003, 04:27:01 PM
Mike O'Malley

Default more *&%#@ ads no price

I know there has been much talk about for sale ads with no price, Depending on how interesting I belive the item is will depend on if I do respond. This one really gets me however. Feb 26th post for a Mietz & Weiss engine for sale, NO PRICE! So, I say what the heck and ask. What price range? 2 days go by no responce. 3rd day I get an email from the guy listing the engine.He says, Selling for a friend, I can send picture if you would like. As far as the price goes you will need to talk to him. that is it. Still no price. I can talk to the owner, but who is he? how can I talk to him??????........... So I guess I was just venting my frustrations !! Mike
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2003, 05:12:14 PM
D.J. Baisch

Default Re: more *&%#@ ads no price

I think that someone that puts a ad up w/o a price on it --is looking for an apprasial from you!!!--unless there is a price and then ,-OBO-or will trade -- I'm with you - d,j,
Old 02-28-2003, 05:54:00 PM
Dusty

Very well said Mike. I couldnt agree with you more !
Old 03-01-2003, 10:48:36 AM
Charlie Bryant

AMEN !!! Thanks Mike for posting this.
Old 03-01-2003, 11:57:53 AM
Tanner Remillard

Damn right Mike, I figure those people are too afraid to post their high price or are not that serious about selling it. I dont even bother to e-mail them if it dosent have a price.

It is even worse in Gas Engine Magazine, if there is no price on an engine, then I am not going to make a long distance phone call just so I can crap my pants from the price and hang up.

Tanner
Old 03-01-2003, 08:21:40 PM
Paul Hokanson

I totally agree with all of you. No Price equals NO RESPONSE. If I want to play games I'll go to a different part of the computer. My nickle's worth. Paul Hokanson in MN>
Old 03-02-2003, 12:17:34 PM
bob miller

What happens if a new person wants to know whether to buy a engine thats for sale,and knows nothing about engines. Do they just buy at the asking price without knowing or do they enter a site like this looking for people with knowledge of old engines to ask for there advice. I see nothing wrong with someone giving a person a ball park figure on a engine. But when posted I agree they should have a price.