Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Epping Engine Crank Up 2018

this thread has 53 replies and has been viewed 9713 times

Old 05-25-2018, 10:18:55 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 2,630 Times in 585 Posts
Default Re: Epping Engine Crank Up 2018

Great time today at Eppings, great hosts and great to see the collection. Will post photos later.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gene Fisher For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2018, 02:19:04 PM
Subscriber

Yes, Yes. I'd like to echo Gene's words, Great Hosts. I would like to express my sincerest thanks to all the Epping family, their hard work and their generous hospitality, Wow, what great host's they were. We had a great time, and the Epping family made us feel so very welcome, they were thanking us for coming. Well we thank you for inviting us. Truly your engine collection is unmatched. We appreciate and commend both Rod and Chris for sharing this collection with all of us. We sure enjoyed all the great food as well, and commend your wives, and daughters for all of their hard work. Thanks so much, Leonard Fausset
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Leonard Fausset For This Post:
Old 05-27-2018, 07:23:31 PM
Subscriber

I too would like to share my thanks to the entire Epping family. This was one of the best engine shows that I have attended. To get up close and personal with engines you only hear of and see in pictures was a great experience, let alone see running. Rod, Chris, and Grace also taking time to talk to myself and my wife and thank us for attending was very personal. Thanks again to all the Eppings..Bill and Maree Trotter
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sawmill7 For This Post:
Old 05-27-2018, 11:02:10 PM
Registered

Very nice display, enjoyed seeing it. Thank you to the Epping family for allowing me to see it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modguy3n For This Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 01:38:21 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 8,565 Times in 896 Posts

Thank you guys very much for the kind words. It was awesome to see so many of you & we want to thank you very much for coming. My only regret is that the time was too busy and too limited to get to visit with each of you as we would have liked to, but we do very much appreciate everyone that made the effort to attend. The day went great and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We really appreciate those of you that helped add to the day by bringing some beautiful engines and tractors to show. I hope you all had safe trips home & look forward to seeing you down the road.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chris Epping For This Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 04:59:35 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,427 Times in 2,877 Posts

Chris & Family:

Although I will never be able to attend your gatherings, I would like to thank you for your hospitality and hard work in doing what you do for our hobby.

Keep up the good work!

Take care - Elden
http://www.eldensengines.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elden DuRand For This Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 12:07:04 PM
Subscriber

Barb and I had a great time at the Crank Up. Thanks for all your time and effort put into this event and sharing your collection with us. And thank you Grace for making the cherry pie--it is my favorite!

I posted a couple videos of the event in another post so they did not get buried in this thread.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craig Solomonson For This Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 03:31:03 PM
Subscriber

Dear Chris, Rod, Grace, Maureen and the rest of the Epping family...

First; Thank you very much for the way you received us - personally and curiously. And thanks for the excellent food your offered!
Second; Your engine collection is at the top in the world. It not only contains many amazing and rare engines, but they also appear in the highest quality – That shows a deep commitment, a great sense to details and a level of craftsman skills that only a small handful of people in this world mastering – Just fantastic!
We are so happy and proud to have participated in your engine crank-up, but also a little sorry that it is over now.
We will definitely see your again!

Love
Helen & Morten
DENMARK
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MSiv For This Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 09:03:51 PM
Card Sponsor

Thanked 1,303 Times in 222 Posts

Thanks Epping family for oping your doors. Wow we had a great time seeing your collection and the engines/tractors others brought. It was nice to see some friends we hadn't seen in a while and met some new ones. The food was so delicious! Sam was pretty tickled you started the couple engines he liked. Thanks much.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSimons For This Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 11:48:15 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 8,565 Times in 896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSiv View Post
We are so happy and proud to have participated in your engine crank-up, but also a little sorry that it is over now.
We will definitely see your again!

Love
Helen & Morten
DENMARK
What an honor it was to have you come all the way over to the US just for the crank up! Thanks so much for joining us. We're sorry it is over also, but very much enjoyed meeting you both.

---------- Post added at 10:48:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSimons View Post
Thanks Epping family for oping your doors. Wow we had a great time seeing your collection and the engines/tractors others brought. It was nice to see some friends we hadn't seen in a while and met some new ones. The food was so delicious! Sam was pretty tickled you started the couple engines he liked. Thanks much.
Thanks for bringing the Witte Michael. You did a great job on it. I really enjoyed watching Sam study the engines. What a nice young man - he was so polite and it was great to see his interest in the engines. You are raising him right. Thanks again for coming.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris Epping For This Post: