Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Solar and Wind Power for Home, Farm & Industry
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Solar and Wind Power for Home, Farm & Industry Windmills, solar panels and inverters for standby power.

Solar and Wind Power for Home, Farm & Industry

Solar panel question

this thread has 10 replies and has been viewed 4089 times

Old 05-21-2014, 07:58:10 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Solar panel question

My research does show that washing the panels off a couple times a year is all that is needed.
Contrary to a previous post grid tie will work well for me since I live in Florida and I expect the system to pay itself back in 7-10 years depending.

Batteries are expensive and unless you have no choice to go off grid the added cost and inefficiency takes you down to about 60%. Grid tie you are not changing voltage from DC to AC for a battery charger to the batteries which is DC then when you need to use them convert back to AC.

Regardless of micro inverters or a string inverter you change from DC to AC three times...
Sponsored Links