Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Solar and Wind Power for Home, Farm & Industry
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Solar and Wind Power for Home, Farm & Industry Windmills, solar panels and inverters for standby power.

Solar and Wind Power for Home, Farm & Industry

An Interesting Open Source MTTP Charge Controller

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 5236 times

Old 03-18-2011, 04:54:12 PM

Thanked 1,829 Times in 1,195 Posts
Talking An Interesting Open Source MTTP Charge Controller

Found this, looking around this morning... Interesting project for the electronically handy....

http://www.freechargecontroller.org/...itle=Main_Page
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2012, 04:03:36 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: An Interesting Open Source MTTP Charge Controller

Wow Bruce! I just stumbled into some of your stuff. Yea, long time, no grid here ether. I just filed some Bosch brushes, drilled'm to accept a short plug of copper to solder to, and got the Ametek Vacuum? perm magnet hydro gen going at about 60W, (again). With that 24/7 and the solar, like yourself I only need the Onan for the shop normally. I actually have a little Honda 600w that will just run the charger(s), only if the bank isn't hammered, pushen 25-35 Amps.

Spring...too busy BUT, I was toying with the idea of fabbing my own permanent magnet armature, or rotor, using those supper strong, killer (nobidium?) magnets found in old hard drives. They can be purchased as well.

Doing away with brushes (in an alternator), and having convenient, hardy auto bearings would sure make my life easier.

Just to busy now, hydro is going....again, but neat. A series of home baked adjustable shunt type controllers would be pretty sweet. Top the gen battery, then pump water, turn on a fan or a heating element....