Generators and Electric Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Welding Shop
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Welding Shop Welder generators, equipment, weld practice, techniques, troubles and solutions. See our TERMS of SERVICE prior to reading!

Welding Shop

Miller HF

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 724 times

Old 04-09-2018, 09:09:21 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,274 Times in 349 Posts
Default Miller HF

I have a chance to pick up a Miller XMT 300 and I'm not real up on them. I already have a Miller HF251 that I'd like to mate up with a power source. The XMT is complete with cart, bottle/gauges, wire feed, gun and leads. Is the XMT a DC only unit or will it put out AC as well ? Will the HF work on it ?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2018, 12:26:40 PM
eMail NOT Working

Default Re: Miller HF

Hi Mark-

A little time invested looking up your model at MillerWelds.com under Manuals and Support will answer all your questions-
Unfortunately, I cannot, because there's at least a half dozen models of the XMT-300- it came in simple and multiprocess versions- anything from basic stick operation to tig/stick/mig, so with the information you've given, I cannot find the answer, but you certainly can- just get the FULL MODEL and serial number, and plug it in at their page- you'll get THE SPECIFIC manual:

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts

Miller does an EXCELLENT job of making their equipment manuals for EVERY machine available online- their product support is precious!

For what it's worth, even the simplest unit will do CC for scratch-start TIG, it only weighs 77lbs, runs on single or three phase with no substantial effort... all those being the case, it sounds like a dandy little moble power source, so if the price is right, snap it up!