eBay Auctions
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > eBayŠ Auction Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

eBayŠ Auction Discussion All eBay™ discussion; engines, frauds, fancies, weird stuff and more.

eBayŠ Auction Discussion

buyer has 92% activity with the seller, shill bidiing?

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 1209 times

Old 06-19-2015, 06:25:29 AM
Registered-III

Default buyer has 92% activity with the seller, shill bidiing?

Sometimes I notice I bid and someone is automatically bidding against me. Then when I look into this, I see what to me seems very much like a shill bidder who has a huge amount of action with the seller and not a lot of feedback either with anyone else. Ebay now hides identity so harder to track the buyer action.

So I wonder how many sellers are pumping the prices, then when it sells to their shill, their alternate identity, they just relist. Does EBay demand proof of a completed delivered transaction to a buyer?

Sometimes I play along for fun and bid up the price myself and then just quit, then I get a second chance offer from the seller.
I will also do that for somethings I am interested in but not real interested and think the buyer is getting it too cheap, sort of a game, things I don't mind owning. It generally makes the buyer pay 10$ more for something. I see that a lot with electronic stuff.

There are auctions where you can just tell your not going to win no matter what, because of the auto bids
The Following User Says Thank You to sdowney717 For This Post:
Sponsored Links