eBay Auctions
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > eBayŠ Auction Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

eBayŠ Auction Discussion All eBay™ discussion; engines, frauds, fancies, weird stuff and more.

eBayŠ Auction Discussion

E Bay PAYS??? global Shipping problem's and Fighting for your rights...

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 1195 times

Old 09-12-2016, 03:40:33 PM
Subscriber

Default E Bay PAYS??? global Shipping problem's and Fighting for your rights...

I recently purchased an item from a seller in the UK, bought it, paid for it and had it shipped through the global Shipping program. After two weeks it arrived with tattered packaging and a cute little round sticker that says "eBay" " Pitney Bowes". "Resealed by the global shipping program"
Upon inspection of the contents I found that 12 of the components of the package were missing.
I took numerous pictures of the package, packaging material, the Box, the stickers and of all the contents that I received and I even saved the images for the original listing from eBay.
I then contacted the seller, sent him the pictures and told him that the package was missing pieces and I was going to see what eBay would do for me.
I contacted customer service and finally got to talk to a representative and explained the situation.
Their answer was, open a case against the seller and ask for a refund thru the eBay returns request page.
I didn't do it.... I thanked her for the help and hung up...
I then contacted the seller and told him what they had said and added , that I did not feel it was his fault, after all he had packaged everything properly, but the rough handling through the global Shipping program had destroyed the package. Blowing out the side of the "double boxed" parcel.
I then contacted ebay again and stated that the package was damaged after it had arrived to the ebay global shipping program, "otherwise they would not accept it" and was resealed by eBay's shipping program and furthermore, it was not the seller's responsibility to refund my money.

The representative said that she could take care of it, and on my behalf opened a case against the seller and froze his account so that he could not retrieve his funds. .... Not cool....!

The seller made contact, and told me what had happened and asked if I would close the case.
In my reply,
I Profusely apologize to my seller and told him it was not my intention to freeze his account.
i immediately contacted eBay by phone,
after saying " representative" what felt like a dozen times, I was able to talk to one... And got a little bit of a run around, ( I think they are required to do it ) just to see if you'll give up...
Then we finally got down to the heart of the matter.... eBay's global shipping program...
When you are using the gsp,
The seller is required to ship the package to the global Shipping program.
Once the package is accepted by the global Shipping program, your seller is no longer responsible for the package.... It's now eBay and it's affiliates... "Responsibility"...
I entered my evidence... ( As "Arlo Guthrie" would say) " with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back, explaining what each one was, to be used as evidence against them...."
After a little "hem n haw" session she said, that eBay will look into the matter and I will have a answer within 48hours . Less than ten minutes later.... To my surprise.. I got my answer...

....A FULL REFUND....
What????

Ok.. now the big question... Who's going to have to pay for it... And where do I have to return the package to get my money????

The answer is... ..

dramatic pause.....

E BAY PAYS...

I Keep the item...

And the seller gets to keep his cash to boot.

OOOhhh..... Happy day.....

Finally.... E BAY stands up and takes responsibility for them selves...

Who'da thought that...?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Big Bird For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2016, 04:24:19 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: E Bay PAYS??? global Shipping problem's and Fighting for your rights...

I have to admit I checked the date to confirm it was not April 1st. You just got hit by lightning. I think they pay less claims than the post office!!!

James
The Following User Says Thank You to jaw123 For This Post:
Old 09-12-2016, 06:43:18 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: E Bay PAYS??? global Shipping problem's and Fighting for your rights...

I had this same problem with a third party shipper, on a package going overseas. What I didn't know was the shipping address looked legit so I sent it to the confirmed address, which was the third party shipper's address, some Mickey mouse address in Miami. Buyer then made a claim that I only sent 3 out of the 5 items! Bull crap I told him, even had a picture of all the items packed in the box, ready to seal. What I found out is for some country's it is cheaper to go through this so called third party shipper's who repackages and forwards the items on to the sellers address, saving the buyer shipping costs. Anyway, after he filed a claim, I basically told E-pain that was bull crap and that the third party shipper's probably kept a few of the items when they repackaged for forwarding to buyer. They sided with me and told buyer to take it up with the shipper! And also beware of those third party shipper's. How ironic, first they say to beware of third party shipper's, then they set the global shipping program, which is essentially the same thing!!! Lesson learned is no matter what if the buyer is going through a third party shipper I cancelled the sale and credit their money back. Or I contact seller and make them pay full price to ship the way I feel safe to ship their item. Your case sounds exactly like what happened to me except reverse. As far as who foots the bill, friggin e- bay should because it's their crappy shipping program. And I'm pretty sure they don't exactly warn people that this can happen. Sorry for the rant, It just seems like it is getting harder and harder to find honest people, we end up taking it in the rear for other people's or e-bays inept handling of cases like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to SmokinFlux For This Post:
Old 09-12-2016, 08:16:56 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,270 Posts

And it seems that when you are posting a item for sale, the Global shipping program box is already checked for you as default and it is small and if you aint careful your item is posted as available for it. Make sure to look for and uncheck that box so you don't get stuck dealing with that mess.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:08:23 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,518 Posts

I prefer the Global shipping program and make sure it is offered in every listing except freight items, and ship parts weekly to all sorts of out of the way places, so far no problems at all.

On the other hand I shipped something to Pago Pago early last month, it still has not arrived. Last place it was scanned was on arrival in California, they think it might have gone on to a ship, but they are not sure. So far customer has been patient, but if its not on this weeks mail ship I'll have to send another, I'll file a claim with USPS, doubt they will pay.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:22:39 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,092 Times in 1,756 Posts

Incompetency and giveashititis seems to have no boundaries and there is no excuse for it in today's world with computer based monitoring.
I've shipped numerous items, small letter sized things up to $2 million dollar equipment back and forth to Europe with no problems.

I'm no expert but methinks ebay doesn't pay squat to the shipping enterprises therefore they cop the giveashit 'tude and torture your parcel. Am I off base on this?

D:
Ask for airfare and deliver it. I understand the cocktails in PP are wonderful.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:40:26 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,270 Posts

I have shipped a few parts to Australia before shipping to down there got stupid,and some tube testers to Greece and Italy. No problems. I had to fill out forms and I padded the heck out of the items and they made it there fine. The cost escalated alot seems about 4 years ago when they did away with parcel post.
I got concerned and stopped offering sales to overseas because from what I understand the tracking numbers don't work well once it leaves our shores.
I have friends that worked for the postal service and UPS. I hope it has improved but the conditions they tell me about from back in the 80's Fragile, is a code word for "Kick me,I am a football".
The guy I know that worked for UPS told me 1 night they had a trailer loaded up really tight.The stuff was sticking out about 2 inches out the back of the trailer,so the door would not shut. They used 2 forklifts and 2 pallets and shoved the stuff forward enough to shut the door. They heard stuff crunch,but didn't care. There was 2 Ducatti "spelling" motorcycles in crates up front.!