eBay Auctions
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > eBayŠ Auction Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

eBayŠ Auction Discussion All eBay™ discussion; engines, frauds, fancies, weird stuff and more.

eBayŠ Auction Discussion

Looking for SCAM information on someone in West Newton PA

this thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 19267 times

Old 09-30-2011, 06:15:54 PM
Subscriber

Arrow Looking for SCAM information on someone in West Newton PA

Just curious if there is any Staker's out around West Newton PA. A collector named William "Bill" Stevenson contacted me about some tractors he had for sale and he does not have a computer for emailing photo's. Just Curious if the guy is valid and if anyone has run into him at shows/swaps. I guess him and his Dad (deceased) had quite the collection (100's) of tractors and garden tractors. Seemed very knowledgeable but in this day and age you often wonder. Thanks for the help if anyone knows
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2011, 07:33:34 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Looking for information on someone in West Newton PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1938Sears View Post
Just curious if there is any Staker's out around West Newton PA. A collector named William "Bill" Stevenson contacted me about some tractors he had for sale and he does not have a computer for emailing photo's. Just Curious if the guy is valid and if anyone has run into him at shows/swaps. I guess him and his Dad (deceased) had quite the collection (100's) of tractors and garden tractors. Seemed very knowledgeable but in this day and age you often wonder.http://www.smokstak.com/forum/images/smilies/shrug.gif
Thanks for the help if anyone knows
Please email me at conrod55@comcast.net
Old 09-30-2011, 07:48:05 PM
Subscriber

I think there is a guy named George Stevenson down around Lover Pa.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:48:37 PM
Subscriber

FYI, there was a Bill Stevenson from Belle Vernon,PA ( how close is West Newton ?) that was allegedly scamming tractor guys for quite awhile. Check out the town and name on Ytmag forums....due diligence is all I'm saying.

-Andrew....
Old 09-30-2011, 08:19:15 PM
Subscriber

Andrew Can I send you a pm ?
Old 09-30-2011, 09:49:01 PM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Andrew Can I send you a pm ?

Absolutely.....
Old 10-01-2011, 09:44:50 AM
Subscriber

Default Bill Stevenson IN WEST NEWTON PA IS AT IT AGAIN

ALL on the STAK, Bill is at it AGAIN--GET THE WORD OUT TO FELLOW COLLECTORS AND IF ANYONE HAS OR HAD CONTACT WITH HIM OR IF A FELLOW COLLECTOR TALKS ABOUT IT OR A DEAL THAT IS COMING FROM SOMEONE IN WEST NEWTON PA, CALL WEST NEWTON PA POLICE AT 724-872-8610 OR BELLE VERNON POLICE AT 724-929-7011 WHEN I CONTACTED THEM I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE WRAP SHEET THIS GUY HAS RIPPING OFF THE TRACTOR COMMUNITY. THIS GUY WE NEED TO STOP!!!!!
HARRY, IF YOU CAN RUN THIS AT THE TOP OF YOUR BOARD OR SOMEWHERE EVERYONE CAN SEE IT FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS. IF YOU WANT VERIFICATION CALL THE NUMBERS ABOVE.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1938Sears For This Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 12:09:28 PM
Registered

Exclamation Re: Looking for information on someone in West Newton PA

My dad believes he got scammed by William Stevenson of West Newton, PA a few days ago. Stevenson responded to my dad's ad in Wheels of Time magazine for a significant part needed for his antique truck. Same deal--just pay $250 shipping via Western Union so he can pay his trucker buddy and it'll be there in 7 days. If it's satisfactory, send the balance. Satisfaction guaranteed.

When my dad told me this too--good-to-be-true story that included Western Union, I immediately suspected a scam, found 1938Sears' post here and contacted my dad with the bad news. He reported it to his local (California) police department. Further discussions with victims and others have convinced me that Stevenson is doing this many, many people, probably on a daily basis.

The information he gives is his real name, William Stevenson. The cell phone number that he's currently using is (724) 797-8536. The number he gives for "Richard", his "trucker buddy" who "doesn't answer the phone when he's driving" is (724) 810-1199. His family home was in Lover, PA. Apparently, Stevenson answers ads that are some distance away so when the person realizes they've been scammed out of $250, it's not worth it to come to West Newton to dot his eye for him.

Other victims are encouraged to contact Officer Zemba at West Newton, Pennsylvania PD. Please FAX your information to him at: (724) 833-0019. Also, contact the publication where you placed your ad and tell them you were--or almost were--scammed so they can alert other readers not to wire money to anybody unless they have the item in hand. Since even money orders can be counterfeit, PayPal is suggested as a more secure transaction.

I hope there are additional penalties waiting for him for committing a crime against the elderly, in addition to wire fraud across state lines.

If an engine shows up, I'll pick up my teeth, eat my hat and re-post.

My dad gave me permission to offer his contact information to anyone who would like to discuss this with him. Please remember that he's on Pacific Time, three hours earlier than Eastern Time.

Doug
oldcarandtruckdude@yahoo.com

Kerry F
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerry F For This Post:
Old 05-19-2015, 10:38:20 AM
Sponsor

Thanked 5,436 Times in 3,528 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Looking for SCAM information on someone in West Newton PA

It's scumbags like this that give the hobby a bad name. Someone needs to go and punch this guys ticket, or at least give him a few black eyes to think about. hope the local gendarmes can coop him up for a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Mackey For This Post: