Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles Old belt driven farm equipment: shellers, milkers, threshers, pumps and antiquities of the industrial revolution.

Farm + Industrial Antiques and Collectibles

John Bean Mfg. Co.

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 329 times

Old 04-02-2019, 08:46:47 AM
Registered-II

Default John Bean Mfg. Co.

I have a 1931 catalog that has an advertisement for the john bean mfg. co. Lansing, mi. and San Jose, ca. i know they made sprayers and small tractors.
This ad is for Auto shop equipment. the items are: brake drum lathes, brake relining machines, brake testers, shop vacuum cleaners, power blowers, air compressors, blow guns, small air powered vacuum cleaners, car lifts and car washing equipment. never heard of any of these items made by bean. just wondering if any have turned up?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2019, 09:15:45 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: John Bean Mfg. Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Williams View Post
I have a 1931 catalog that has an advertisement for the john bean mfg. co. Lansing, mi. and San Jose, ca. i know they made sprayers and small tractors.
This ad is for Auto shop equipment. the items are: brake drum lathes, brake relining machines, brake testers, shop vacuum cleaners, power blowers, air compressors, blow guns, small air powered vacuum cleaners, car lifts and car washing equipment. never heard of any of these items made by bean. just wondering if any have turned up?
I've worked places that had John Bean equipment and it was first rate. They are still in business but I don't know if they are the same company or it's just a namesake.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:42:16 AM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 5,834 Times in 3,023 Posts

Not sure that it's the same company. Back in my shop training days, the school had Bean company wheel alignment tools. First rate tools.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:51:52 AM
Registered-II

so some was around, i just found this ad and never knew of this other equipment.