Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Wisconsin Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Wisconsin Engines Single cylinder up to V4 engines.

Wisconsin Engines

Lindsay 40 with Wisconsin THD

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1331 times

Old 08-16-2016, 09:53:38 PM
Registered

Default Lindsay 40 with Wisconsin THD

Hi Guys, I been searching high and low for some info on my new acquisition. It's a Lindsay model 40 with a Wisconsin THD. Does any one know who might have a manual or some user info on this air compressor? I would appreciate any help. Chris
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2016, 01:17:15 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Lindsay 40 with Wisconsin THD

Hi Chris,
Did you happen to purchase this Lindsay Model 40 from a man named Clay in Danbury Connecticut? I looked at this one back in October of 2014. It had very little compression when I looked at it then. I was looking for a backup air compressor for my truck. The lack of Lindsay information and the smaller than expected air tanks turned me off. I ended up buying a Schramm compressor instead. When I was inquiring for Schramm parts I talked with a man named Steve at Scales Compressor in Carle Place, and he had literature on both Lindsay and Schramm Compressors. Go figure when I arrived a few months later to purchase Quincy Compressor parts he had retired the Friday beforehand after 45 years or service. If they still have Steve's literature they can help you out. Try contacting Mike in Sales, 1-516-248-9096 ext 2627 he might be able to help you out.

What exactly is wrong with your compressor?

Chris
Old 08-18-2016, 09:40:57 AM
Registered

Thank you for your response! I bought this compressor from a fella that must of bought it from Danbury. Yes that's the compressor in your pictures. I bought it knowing I had a little tinkering to do and it didn't run. But I took the fuel tank off, cleaned it as well as the fuel bowl, replaced it and squirted some carb cleaner in the carburetor drain plugs and to my surprise the engine fired. I let it run a few minutes and I engaged the compressor and it made air! The unloader popped the compressor in "neutral" around 85psi. Now I'm here looking for info on what this compressor can do and can't do as well as some maintainance . I like to get the PSI up around 100-110. I plan on just using it to sand blast my other projects and yes I'm a Wisconsin engine "junkie" like alot of fellas here on this site. Thank you for your phone numbers you gave me .I have my eye on Schramm compressors as well. I seen two in the weeds out in Milford,Ct., but I think the owner doesn't wants to sell them. Besides his hornets that live in there might lose their home! Thanks again. Chris
Old 08-26-2016, 06:39:37 AM
Registered

I have 2- Lindsay "80" air compressors and also need info/manuals. If you are successful and will share I am at (210) 844-4726. If I find any I will post a reply here to share w/you. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:14:08 PM
Registered

Hi Ajax, Yes I'm on the hunt for those manuals and I 'll let you know if I find them. My THD and Lindsay compressor have the same lubrication system with external oil filter on compressor side. I would really like to know what oil was recommended. There sure is a lot of chatter hear with use of detergent vs. non-detergent oil. I love this site!!!