Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Wisconsin Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Wisconsin Engines Single cylinder up to V4 engines.

Wisconsin Engines

Wisconsin wiring woes HELP

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 683 times

Old 09-07-2016, 11:48:50 AM
Registered-I

Unhappy Wisconsin wiring woes HELP

Help , I have a 1973 Wisconsin LP VG4D ( Serial # 5301773 - Spec #338511) connected to a Winco 15 KW 3 Phase Alternator / Generator ( Serial # E - 0986 - A4 / MODEL # 18 WS - 4 R/A ) 120/208 60 Hertz @ 1800 RPM ) This a project That I had started last year and has been bothering me that I was not able to finish. I did receive help from this site , but like I said its been a while. To start off since the engine would not spin I thought that maybe the alternator was stuck so I separated the engine and gen set only to find out that the engine was stuck , after trying all types of distillates with no results I removed both aluminum heads off but not before shearing 8 bolts on one head and 9 bolts in the other. After drilling and tapping ( Many broken bits) I now have the entire unit back together and I find myself at a stand still , :wave : with regards to the wiring on this engine as well as the generator. This unit came from a municipal building which was set up with an auto start / automatic transfer switch . I apologize for such a lengthy post but I felt you should know the history . There are 2 wires coming off the LP solenoid 1 gets attached to the small post ( there are 2 small posts and 2 large posts ) on the starter solenoid the other is connected to one of the 5 wires coming from the front of the gen set , the start switch (Toggle) has 2 connections ( on the start side ) , 1 is the mag the other is to the head. Now on the ( stop side ) there is 1 wire that is grounded to the block. There is more , there are still 4 more wires coming from the front of the gen set . 1 is grounded , 1 is connected to the the large post along with the positive cable and 1 on each of the small posts. Last but not least there 2 wires coming from the back of the gen set , 1 is white which was taped to the negative cable the other is black and is connected to the large post along with the positive cable and 1 of the wires from the front of the gen set for a total of 3 on one of the large post. The starter is hooked up to the other large post .. This is making me nuts. PLEASE HELP
The Following User Says Thank You to dieselride For This Post:
Sponsored Links