Generators and Electric Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Welding Shop
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Welding Shop Welder generators, equipment, weld practice, techniques, troubles and solutions. See our TERMS of SERVICE prior to reading!

Welding Shop

Falcon Power Triad 3 in 1 Air Compressor/Generator/Welder

this thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 6545 times

Old 12-04-2015, 12:54:01 PM
Registered

Default Falcon Power Triad 3 in 1 Air Compressor/Generator/Welder

I bought a Falcon Power Triad 3 in 1 Air Compressor/Generator/Welder. This machine is a beast and couldn't be happier to have all these features rolled into one. They all run simultaneously off of a 14 HP Engine. I believe it is a Kholer or Honda. When i bought the unit it came with a set of 10 ft. welding leads and 6011 welding rods. I called into Falcon and asked if I can use my set of my 40 ft. welding leads on it. They said the manufacturer recommends 10 ft, but your more than welcome to try using them. Does anyone think this will effect the unit? The tech at Falcon didn't seem to think it would hurt it.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2015, 05:32:17 PM
Registered

Default Re: Falcon Power Triad 3 in 1 Air Compressor/Generator/Welder

Welderador, please tell us that you didn't pay very much. I very much doubt that the engine is either Kohler or Honda. I've seen some very bad reviews about the company that builds this equipment and personally know one person who was bitten rather badly. I'm not a naysayer but I wish you had asked for some opinions on this site before you paid your money.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:53:43 PM
Registered

Default Re: Falcon Power Triad 3 in 1 Air Compressor Generator Welder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welderador View Post
I bought a Falcon Power Triad 3 in 1 Air Compressor/Generator/Welder. This machine is a beast and couldn't be happier to have all these features rolled into one. They all run simultaneously off of a 14 HP Engine. I believe it is a Kholer or Honda. When i bought the unit it came with a set of 10 ft. welding leads and 6011 welding rods. I called into Falcon and asked if I can use my set of my 40 ft. welding leads on it. They said the manufacturer recommends 10 ft, but your more than welcome to try using them. Does anyone think this will effect the unit? The tech at Falcon didn't seem to think it would hurt it.
I bought a Falcon Diesel Generator/Welder a couple years back and mounted it onto one of my service trucks. Only problem I had with it was a fuse in the back panel blew. I talked to one of the service reps and they walked me through finding it and replacing it. My guys run the hell out it and seems to be a pretty solid unit. I'm curious about that new 3-in-1 Air compressor Welder unit they just came out with. maybe next year

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote:
We use 50 footer leads on the Diesel welder and it works great. FYI
Old 12-10-2015, 02:02:34 PM
Registered

I used the leads and they worked great. This machine has been a god send on a few separate occasions.
Amigo, I paid about $6,500.00 for the 3 in 1, gas generator, air compressor, pressure washer and water pump. I have been using all the equipment non-stop since we purchased it for the company. I have read the reviews and they seem like they are written from a source who has not worked with the company directly. I have a friend who has been dealing with Falcon for years. I read the reviews before purchasing and did not put some value into what they said. You can find negative reviews on anything. Look at the reviews on Honda. I have called into their service department multiple times and it is one of the few companies I have purchased equipment from in the last 10 years of running my business where you actually get a live representative on the phone to answer your questions. As for the engines they are a clone of a Honda. What I have found over the years that all companies motors are made in China. These Falcon motors are the same quality you get from Honda, Kholer, Yamaha, etc. The only thing you pay for is the name. My friend who owns the Falcon stuff including a diesel generator has never had a problem getting any parts he needs. What happened with your friend? Are you sure we are talking about the same company?
The Following User Says Thank You to Welderador For This Post:
Old 12-11-2015, 11:14:00 AM
Registered

I've never bought a piece of equipment that I didn't have a problem with at some point. As long as I keep up on my regular maintenance/oil changes, they run great. Personally, I had better experience with getting parts from falcon power, then from Honda. They seemed to care a little more about the little guy and I didn't have to sit on the phone for two freakin hours.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:25:53 PM
eMail NOT Working

Quote:
... What I have found over the years that all companies motors are made in China. These Falcon motors are the same quality you get from Honda, Kholer, Yamaha, etc. The only thing you pay for is the name.
While it is true that "all companies' motors are made in China", it is largely a case that "all companies" are not authorizing for 'their motors' to be made. China is the source for SOME companies' motors, and just SOME lines of SOME company's motors, and sometimes SOME components, but certainly not all motors, all parts, all of the time.

There are several manufacturers in my area (friends of mine are employees) who manufacture high quality parts for several engine companies... and HONDA is one of those companies, as is HD, Polaris, Kohler and Briggs. A HONDA plant on the west side of my town assembles engines from those suppliers, and I assure you that neither the suppliers, nor the town, or plant, are anywhere near China.

I can also say with absolute certainty that if you were to disassemble the GX-clone Horror Fright water pump engine, and compare it to that from which it was cloned, that they're CLEARLY not of the same quality. I found out by dismantling the clone, and extracting the piece of casting flash that was passed through the cheap plastic timing gear moments before the engine took it's last breath.

Fact is, the Chinese 'clone' everything... and while some work fine, and some don't, they're still low-buck sellers... and in the world of competition, the undercutting competetor simply has to survive long enough for the quality seller to starve to death, at which time, the high-quality stuff disappears, leaving only the junk.

Off the top of my head, at this moment, I've got engines by Kohler, Briggs, Wisconsin, Onan, Honda, Kawasaki, Stihl, Echo, Shindawa, Poulan, Homelite, Teledyne, Waukesha, Hercules, Cummins, Chrysler, GMC, Chevrolet, Hodaka, Suzuki, Allis-Chalmers, Continental, White, Fairbanks-Morse, OMC, Kiekhafer-Mercury, Volvo-Penta, Sachs-Wankel, Fuji, Ford, and Harley-Davidson... and I've owned and worked on many, many more marques.

Amidst that, I have clones by PowerHorse, Greyhound, and whoever made the 150cc GY7 scooter in my barn.

I've worked on them all, and it's obviously clear which ones were built by those who designed them, and which ones were disposable copies. My disposable junkers are sometimes reliable workers, once I spend time messing with them to get them going, and as long as I don't shut them off, or work them too hard. They're utterly disposable... built to sell, not work.
The Following User Says Thank You to dkamp For This Post:
Old 01-08-2016, 12:23:21 AM
Registered

Welderator, Where's a good place to buy the Falcon 3 in 1 Generator/Welder/Air compressor?. Did you buy it Direct from Falcon Power?
Old 01-11-2016, 11:14:37 PM
Registered

I would consider buying straight from Falcon, or a Falcon Sales Representative. I bought a 3 in 1 from them when they first released them. I also got the full manufacturers warranty (Not sure if you get that buying elsewhere, but i could be wrong). They shipped it directly to me with no trouble except for the remote control was missing. They sent one out the next day and she's been purring like a kitten since then.

http://www.powerequipmentforum.com/f...sor-generator-
Old 02-05-2016, 11:20:30 PM
Registered

I bought my Falcon Triad 3 in 1 directly from a representative after it was used at a trade show. I put it on my Facilities Managers service truck. One of best purchases I have made. I just purchased a second one from their local distributor. This one is for the ranch and hunting camp. I bought a tri-fuel kit for it from their service department. There service tech said he would throw it on free of charge if I brought it to Austin. Does anyone know someone in the Dallas area who could throw this on for me?

And DKamp, you had a lot of truth to your statement. Still you will be hard-pressed to find a gasoline engine under 16 HP that is not manufactured in China. Briggs, Honda and Kholer are all there now. The Honda's made in China do not pass EPA standards though. The small Honda motors you see in the US are all made in Taiwan. You are right though there is a big difference in quality. That is why all that "Chinese" stuff cannot be clumped into the same quality category anymore. This Falcon 420cc has performed great. Have you worked with a Falcon engine?
Old 02-18-2016, 01:57:04 PM
Registered

Default Best Purchase in years! Falcon Power Triad 3 in 1 Air Compressor/Generator/Welder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
Welderador, please tell us that you didn't pay very much. I very much doubt that the engine is either Kohler or Honda. I've seen some very bad reviews about the company that builds this equipment and personally know one person who was bitten rather badly. I'm not a naysayer but I wish you had asked for some opinions on this site before you paid your money.
I appreciate the concern. This unit has been amazing. I used to have to take my travel trailer to job sites. Now i can pretty much fit all of my tools in the bed of my truck. Your friend bought a Falcon 3 in 1 or another product? The reviews I have read have very little information about what the problems they are experiencing actually are. The service department has been easy to deal with from my experiences.