Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Smokstak Down Under
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Down Under For Australia and New Zealand Smokstakers to meet, greet, yabber and yack.

Smokstak Down Under

The use of Plastic in Today's World

this thread has 29 replies and has been viewed 1148 times

Old 09-11-2019, 07:45:24 AM
Email NOT Working

Default Re: The use of Plastic in Today's World

Don't stop Scotty we enjoy your posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oldgoat For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2019, 09:44:00 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
Don't stop Scotty we enjoy your posts.
I am not suggesting that he stop making posts however I am told that he directs his childish comments and insulting posts at me . He cannot understand that the reason he is on my ignore list is that I am tired of him and as a consequence the ignore list is a way of avoiding any contact with him.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:16:17 PM
Registered

Thanked 2,213 Times in 1,172 Posts
Default Re: ''The use of plastic in today's world''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
I’ll do it ! Scotty, you are on Winchester’s ignore list and it is a waste of time addressing any of your stupid and ill informed comments to Winchester, if you have anything of note PM him.
There, another good deed done today Scotty.
Hang on, you can see Winchester’s post anyway.
Thanks for the good deed Darryl but if I'm on his ignore list then PM's won't work.
Yeah I can see his posts. And if he thinks anyone believes he doesn't see mine then....

I wonder what apparently stupid, ill-informed comments, childish comments and insulting posts I made this time?
Was it asking for pictures of the finished handle?
Was it talking about how bad luck usually comes in 3's and the handle may be the end of his bad luck run?
Was it talking about how magpies may have been the cause of extra load on the plastic handle and that's how it broke? That may also explain the flat batteries if they went flat.
Was it how I'd look at why the handle broke and not just say it broke because it was cheap sh!t? Maybe the handle broke because there wasn't enough bubble wrap around it, or the complete mechanism, to protect it while in transit?

It must be pretty boring when people ring Mr Goose up to tell him I made a post. Or worse....they take the time to write to him. I mean....how else would he know when I post and what I post if he can't see my posts?
Can you see threads I start Mr Goose?

Oh well.

Cheers Scott
PS: you should take more care in commenting on pictures Mr Goose. Do you remember the one you accidentally thought it was someone else who posted the picture and you commented on it....but I posted it?

PPS: A couple of people have put unwarranted sh!t on Allora and myself in the past. Expect sh!t back is all I can say. Anyone remember who those 2 people were?

Last edited by Scotty 2; 09-11-2019 at 05:37:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty 2 For This Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 08:35:43 PM
Registered

Hey, Scotty2, just read you last post, please advise, what is "ALLORA" ?? I have never heard of that site, Thanks, John
Old 09-25-2019, 05:55:57 PM
Registered

Yes well Aussieiron, I hope you enjoy your motor home . You may be interested in the new handle for the winding up of the TV antenna that I have made . Even if I say so it is a much better design .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06219.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	345060  
Old 09-25-2019, 06:30:35 PM
Registered

Thanked 3,587 Times in 1,125 Posts

We were at a cafe having breakfast with our usual group, one of the members commented that his mothers recliner had a broken plastic handle. It was her favorite chair. I told him to bring me the handle, made one out of aluminum, he and his mother were very happy. This started a friendship that's lasted for years, he's an excellent certified welder and does all of my critical welds for me. I'm a satisfied welder.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:24:08 PM
Registered

Yes well JB your choice of Aluminum is a wise one . However in my case I used 3/16 brass . Aluminum would have been my first choice but welding was my hurdle as I do not have the facility to carry out that technique . So silver solder was the method of construction.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:49:00 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by john gilbert View Post
Hey, Scotty2, just read you last post, please advise, what is "ALLORA" ?? I have never heard of that site, Thanks, John
Allora is a town near Warwick in Queensland. They put on probably the biggest show of it's type in this state (at least that I've been to.) It's called the Allora heritage weekend. I cannot recommend it enough! Held on the Australia Day long weekend every year.

Jarrod.
The Following User Says Thank You to asw20 For This Post:
Old 09-26-2019, 07:26:39 AM
Registered

They have a few rallies up Scotties way, is it Dalby just west of Toowoomba which is supposed to be a good one, I haven't been to the one at Highfields just north of Toowoomba where Southern Cross have their magnificent museum then there is a woolshed one up that way too.

One day I too will have to leave our local area and taravel north to some of these and then not to ment the one on the Gold Coast at Pimpama.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:51:56 PM
Registered

Thanks ASW20 I don't remember going through Allora when on my last trip up that way. I did call into the Woolshed and was a little disapointed to see so many engines locked up in a big wire cage with a roof on it. The caravan park I thought was also a disaster, being lined up in 3s' I was put in the middle and when I wanted to leave had to move the day before or I would not have been able to get out. Very poor planing there, but I was glad I got to have a look while in the area. cheers John