Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Smokstak Down Under
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Down Under For Australia and New Zealand Smokstakers to meet, greet, yabber and yack.

Smokstak Down Under

For crying out loud: Stop This Rubbish

this thread has 35 replies and has been viewed 3260 times

Old 09-10-2018, 05:08:03 PM
Registered

Thanked 2,246 Times in 1,177 Posts
Default For crying out loud: Stop This Rubbish

https://www.newsweek.com/diaper-ask-...-expert-918981
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2018, 05:10:54 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,423 Times in 2,723 Posts
Default Re: For crying out loud: Stop this rubbish

Purple haired lunatic. And the media feasts on these types.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:19:20 PM
Registered

I'd like her phone number. I want to ring her up ad ask what do you do if they say NO!!!
The alternative to chucking a nappy on is pretty....yuk.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:38:48 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,909 Times in 2,053 Posts

As I reported when this silliness was posted before... my parent's didn't even ask if I wanted to be circumcised. Quite happy with the parents I had, thank you.
Doc
Old 09-10-2018, 07:09:22 PM
Registered

I wished I knew I could have said NO when I was a lot younger but somehow I don't think my dear old mum would have listened to me when he was flogging me with the jug cord.

Cheers Scott
PS: I deserved it every time.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:58:27 PM
Registered

To be fair what would the developed world do with half our free time if there wasn't manufactured outrage from random loonies on the internet/in the media?

Roll your eyes, ignore it and go about your day.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:01:21 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,222 Times in 636 Posts

Looks like some of the hard left nut jobs have jumped ship here since Trump and are colonizing down under. We dont want em back!
Old 09-10-2018, 11:08:57 PM
Registered

no common sense anymore,i worry about our kids and grandkids being able to root out the b.s these mindless morons spue,my dog has more common sense..god help us
Old 09-11-2018, 12:15:12 AM
Registered

Thanked 3,329 Times in 1,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty 2 View Post
I wished I knew I could have said NO when I was a lot younger but somehow I don't think my dear old mum would have listened to me when he was flogging me with the jug cord.

Cheers Scott
PS: I deserved it every time.
EH, What- your Mum was a he??
The Following User Says Thank You to Power For This Post:
Old 09-11-2018, 01:52:33 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power View Post
EH, What- your Mum was a he??
Ooops. Sorry mum. Looks like another belting come this was soon. She may be 83 but she can still swing that jug cord.....just not as hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNumbat View Post
To be fair what would the developed world do with half our free time if there wasn't manufactured outrage from random loonies on the internet/in the media?

Roll your eyes, ignore it and go about your day.
It's a bit hard when people like this girl are already in the public sector working as counselors or therapists.
Mrs Scotty had a heap of trouble with her daughter and we had to see this government funded counselor because we were the cause of the problems apparently.
According to this sheila we were not allowed to have any say in how people should act in our home. When/if someone goes burko and punches holes in the walls/doors in our home (which happened) we're not allowed to turf them out on their nose nor are we allowed to say who can enter our home and I had no say in anything as the kid wasn't mine according to the sheila we saw.
If the 12 year old wants to play computer games and talk to friends all night, doesn't want to do any jobs or go to school then we should let them apparently. Mrs Scotty just did not know what to do. Things were ridiculous.
Come round to our place and put a hole in the wall and see what happens.

Cheers Scott
Old 09-11-2018, 02:38:25 AM
eMail NOT Working

Hi Scott as you know I'm raising grand kids anyhow a while back Des and I did a course on raising kids today and oh what you posted is only the tip of the iceberg
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusty Engines For This Post:
Old 09-11-2018, 04:01:58 AM
Registered

Thanked 3,329 Times in 1,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Engines View Post
Hi Scott as you know I'm raising grand kids anyhow a while back Des and I did a course on raising kids today and oh what you posted is only the tip of the iceberg
Ian
I sure hope those ideas do not cross the pond and find root over here, we got enough troubles already.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:47:08 AM
Registered

Someone should totally draw a comic of that........Actually on second thought maybe not........
The Following User Says Thank You to karragullengine For This Post:
Old 09-11-2018, 11:49:54 AM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 6,055 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Ian
My hat is off to you sir, many of us today are raising the grand kids. Not as easy the second time around as the first was! Here we are helping with ours and a few grand nephews and nieces! Gets complicated at times.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:21:30 PM

Thanked 6,767 Times in 4,301 Posts
Thumbs down Re: For crying out loud: Stop this rubbish

Power, some of them are here already! You can't spank your kids if they do something wrong, the neighbors may call DYFS (Division of Youth and Family Services). You can't let your kids play rough games, teachers may report you as abusive parents! Some of the crap they have now days is insane many years ago, my kids had a Big Wheel (TM) toy. It was a large plastic tricycle with a hard plastic seat. the sidewalk alongside my house had settled in one spot, which made a 2" jump in height. The kids loved to pedal like mad and hit that 2" rise - it made the trike jump about 6" into the air. They loved it! One of my sons went to school one day and they played 'shirts and skins' basket ball (one team with shirts on, the other without shirts (skins). the next thing my son knows is he is taken to the nurses office and then to the principle of the school, all demanding which one of us parents beat him. He had bruises on his back from the seat on the Big Wheel bike. the next thing my wife knows, is 2 cops show up at the house, asking if she or I had beat my son. She told them about the big wheel, and showed them the 'jump' on the sidewalk and the bike. For the next week, we had an under cover car watching (and listening) in front of the house. We had DYFS come to the house and interview us twice. One time they had my wife in tears, trying to convince her to 'confess'. I finally got P.O.ed and told them to get out or I would sue for harassment. We learned later that they had gone to all the neighbors and asked bluntly if we beat the kids. This went on for 6 months, before they finally dropped it. You have no idea of what the government can do if you discipline your kids. God help you if you hit them. When I was a kid, If I screwed up it was a wide leather belt or a shoe on my bare butt that taught me not to do it again. Do that today, and you end up in jail or worse. It's no wonder todays society is going to hell in a hand basket. Spare the rod and spoil the child seems to be the thing now days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Mackey For This Post:
Old 09-11-2018, 11:36:38 PM
Registered

Quote:
Ian
Hello Ian
When the 'councilor' was preaching to me I stopped her and asked a question. My question was...Do you have kids? Her reply was NO. I hopped up and while I was walking out I said to her ......you'll learn that everything you've said is utter rubbish (or words to that effect) when you do. Heaven help you if you don't learn.

Andrew: Over here some schools don't allow cart wheels and kids can dress as what ever sex they want to. ie boys wear dresses to school. Toilets...just use which ever one you relate to in some places.

I have a sister in law who thinks kids should be able to do what they want. As an instance, they have no set meal times and you can eat what-ever, when-ever, where-ever you want.
All the kids have eating issues and the 4 year old has stage 3 anger issues. How does a 4 year old have anger issues? I didn't know there were even stages of anger.
They visited us out at the farm and the boy wanted to drive the big ride-on mower. Not until there's nobody on a horse was the rule. Every 30 seconds....can I drive now? Is there anyone on a horse? Yeah. Well then NO!!!
Just after I got it out I gave them a lecture. Do as I say was rule 1.
Well the young fella thought he was better then me as he didn't stop when I told him to. He thought he could outrun me because I had the gammy knee. While he was looking behind laughing he wasn't looking at where he was driving to. Right to his dad's new Q7 Audi. I ran and just grabbed him by the back of the shirt and reefed him off backwards and he landed on the gravel. He started crying. The sister in law was up me. I just told her...And what would have happened if he ran into the side of the car? If the kid did what I said, then the kid would not have been crying. Simple concept I thought.

Cheers Scott
Old 09-12-2018, 02:19:42 AM
Registered

I would fail miserably at rising kids today. Dont like my own so would do too well with their offspring.
Be tolerant to their needs - fail
Be interested in what they do or say - fail
Scream and shout at them - pass
The Following User Says Thank You to cobbadog For This Post:
Old 09-12-2018, 04:45:52 PM
Registered

Hello all
I got into trouble with the live and let live sister in law a couple of weeks ago.
The kids wanted a dog so they got 2 pups. The pups are out of control and do a runner as soon as they can and don't come when called. So the solution was get a dog trainer in, yep, hire a dog trainer at $40/hr, to train the dogs.
I wasn't in the good books when I said the dog trainer should be training you and the kids and not the pups. I did mean that the dog trainer train the people on how to train the dogs BUT the whole lot of them need training. Realistically.....what's the difference some pups and some kids?
Untrained - can, and usually, go feral
Trained - can be pleasurable and trouble free (but not always).

Cheers Scott
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scotty 2 For This Post:
Old 09-12-2018, 06:34:02 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,423 Times in 2,723 Posts

It's quite simple actually. My dad taught us that kids can fly at an early age. All four of us turned out ok from those lessons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I like oldstuff For This Post:
Old 09-22-2018, 09:29:56 AM

Thanked 16,802 Times in 7,774 Posts

My dad had a rule around the farm. You don't work. You don't eat. Several of my cousins found out the hard way.

Mom had a switch that she would pop you with. When you did wrong. Trouble was she would let you wait. So you didn't know when the pop was coming. Waiting was worse than the pop.