Generators and Electric Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion Antique Generators and Old Electric Motors: Questions and answers about restoring and showing old power generation systems.

Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion

Fairbanks Morse Type T Special Electric Price

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 3049 times

Old 05-01-2005, 06:06:57 PM
Registered

Default Fairbanks Morse Type T Special Electric Price

My grandfather has a gas engine he is getting ready to sell, could someone help me with pricing the engine. From the information he gave me, it is a Fairbanks Morse Type T Special Electric Light plant, 2Hp vertical screen cooled with a 32v DC alternator. He said is is all original and that it starts and runs on the mag. I will be taking some pictures of it in the next few days.

Thanks
Jeff Vorhies
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2005, 01:42:58 AM
Registered

Default Re: Fairbanks Morse Type T Special Electric Price

yes please post the pics. I would like to see what the unit looks like, for interest sake.

Thanks,

Eric
Old 05-27-2005, 06:40:27 PM
Registered

Here are some pictures

I should have more next week.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:15:54 PM
Subscriber

It's special, alright! That is a sweet unit and is probably worth more than it is worth. It is probably also a decent long term investment, too, because you just can't get a whole lot older before there is no electricity being used.

It might just be a nice enough package to get an International collector to buy a Fairbanks Morse unit. LOL

Is the generator built by Fairbanks, too? Any chance to see a few more photos; perhaps one of the magneto?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:06:07 PM
Registered

Here is a link to more pictures.Fairbanks morse pictures

Here is a video of the engine running. It hadn't been started since September, it took right off.
Video

If anyone is interested at all, let me know.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:17:03 PM
Registered

Beautiful set. Unfortunatly I'm not in the market just now. That said, and with all due respect, you probably aren't going to stir up much interest by posting pictures and asking "what's it worth to ya?" Unfortunatly, with a few exceptions, anything offered for sale without an asking price often stays 'for sale' for a long time. Would you pull into a gas station and start filling up without a price clearly posted? Everything that gets sold, from socks at Wal-Mart to a Malibu beachfront villa, has an asking price.

I'd like to get it for next to nothing, or better still, nothing. You'd like to get a million bucks for it. It's not going to happen either way. The prospective buyer and hopeful seller might be able agree on a price. But without a starting point the deal never happens.

Do a little research. For better or worse, these days Ebay sets the going rate for a lot things. If nothing else, name a price you'd like to get and say "or best offer."

Didn't mean to turn this into a rant, and apologies if I've said anything out of line.